Re: Open an elevated Command prompt in Windows 7 ........

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rodney Pont, Nov 7, 2010.

  1. Rodney Pont

    Rodney Pont Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:08:58 -0600, Valorie *~ wrote:

    >From:
    >http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-activate-hidden-windows-7-administrator-account/
    >
    >Anyone have any idea why my W-7 doesn't have "Run as Administrator" to
    >select when right clicking on the command prompt? What is an *elevated*
    >prompt? All I have is the regular prompt on my W-7 PC.

    Your system is screwed up. I've got W7 Home Premium and if I click
    Start/All Programs/Accessories and right click on Command prompt I've
    got 'Run as Administrator' there.

    --
    Regards - Rodney Pont
    e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com
    Rodney Pont, Nov 7, 2010

  2. Rodney Pont

    Char Jackson Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:36:38 +0000 (GMT), "Rodney Pont"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 02:08:58 -0600, Valorie *~ wrote:
    >
    >>From:
    >>http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-activate-hidden-windows-7-administrator-account/
    >>
    >>Anyone have any idea why my W-7 doesn't have "Run as Administrator" to
    >>select when right clicking on the command prompt? What is an *elevated*
    >>prompt? All I have is the regular prompt on my W-7 PC.

    >Your system is screwed up. I've got W7 Home Premium and if I click
    >Start/All Programs/Accessories and right click on Command prompt I've
    >got 'Run as Administrator' there.

    I think she's opening the Command Prompt with the usual left click and
    then attempting to right click in the actual Command prompt window,
    which of course won't work.

    --

    Char Jackson
    Char Jackson, Nov 7, 2010