Re: Oops, IE users, beware.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
    >
    > MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
    > aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
    > more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
    >
    > So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
    > meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    What are you trying to say?
    Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
    their pre-install products despite
    knowing the defect is in place?

    May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
    a compulsory warning message that must be shown
    on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
    and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
    on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
    civil suit?

    Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
    so that users can browse safely?

    7, Nov 30, 2005

  2. __/ [7] on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:04 \__

    > Jim Richardson wrote:
    >
    >> <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
    >>
    >> MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
    >> aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
    >> more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
    >>
    >> So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
    >> meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

    Every time this happens, it worries me as I still must tolerate hordes of
    Windows zombies. What worries me more is that fact that yet another ver-
    sion of Windows XP (one with visual glitter to extinguish OS X envy) will
    be released as early as next year, having solved /none/ of these recurring
    issues whose source is the non-modular core. That, and only that, must
    have triggered that project we have come to know as Singularity.

    Having discussed fan burn-outs, it seems clear that Windows is merely a
    simple O/S with 'stuff' progressively added up in a naive way, making it
    an utter bloat with features being leeches on the CPU and RAM.

    So, 5 years down the line, a stripped-down version of what was initially
    promised,. is be unleashed onto the market. Same issues, more versions for
    Microsoft to maintain (patch up) and yet more deterring hardware require-
    ment. Boy, do I look forward to getting my hands on that Vista CD...

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    > What are you trying to say?
    > Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
    > their pre-install products despite
    > knowing the defect is in place?
    >
    > May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
    > a compulsory warning message that must be shown
    > on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
    > and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
    > on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
    > civil suit?
    >
    > Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
    > so that users can browse safely?

    If none of the live CD's contains a blue E, this might lead to user
    confusion.

    I repeatedly hear voices. "i can't get internet, it says page canot be
    dipalyed. can't get my e-mail (Hotmail) either." Very often the computers
    are infected or ports get blocked due to the Windows inevitable paranoia.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

    Roy Schestowitz, Nov 30, 2005

  3. 7

    new identity Guest

    "Roy Schestowitz" <> wrote in message
    > __/ [7] on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:04 \__
    >
    >> Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.computerterrorism.com/research/ie/ct21-11-2005>
    >>>
    >>> MS has known about the flaw (in DoS form) since may, but hasn't even
    >>> aknoledged it's existence officially, meanwhile, it turns out that it's
    >>> more than a DoS, it's a "We ownz j00"
    >>>
    >>> So patch those systems IE users, if and when MS release a patch...
    >>> meanwhile, um, well, don't click on stuff.

    > Every time this happens, it worries me as I still must tolerate hordes of
    > Windows zombies. What worries me more is that fact that yet another ver-
    > sion of Windows XP (one with visual glitter to extinguish OS X envy) will
    > be released as early as next year, having solved /none/ of these recurring
    > issues whose source is the non-modular core. That, and only that, must
    > have triggered that project we have come to know as Singularity.
    >
    > Having discussed fan burn-outs, it seems clear that Windows is merely a
    > simple O/S with 'stuff' progressively added up in a naive way, making it
    > an utter bloat with features being leeches on the CPU and RAM.
    >
    > So, 5 years down the line, a stripped-down version of what was initially
    > promised,. is be unleashed onto the market. Same issues, more versions for
    > Microsoft to maintain (patch up) and yet more deterring hardware require-
    > ment. Boy, do I look forward to getting my hands on that Vista CD...
    >

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    >> What are you trying to say?
    >> Micoshaft is continuing to ship defective product in all
    >> their pre-install products despite
    >> knowing the defect is in place?
    >>
    >> May be using Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org ) is now
    >> a compulsory warning message that must be shown
    >> on the boot up screen of windopes sold between now
    >> and until the fault is fixed as a preventative measure
    >> on all new sales of windopes to avoid a class action
    >> civil suit?
    >>
    >> Or perhaps even ship a free liveCD (http://www.livecdlist.com )
    >> so that users can browse safely?

    > If none of the live CD's contains a blue E, this might lead to user
    > confusion.
    >
    > I repeatedly hear voices. "i can't get internet, it says page canot be
    > dipalyed. can't get my e-mail (Hotmail) either." Very often the computers
    > are infected or ports get blocked due to the Windows inevitable paranoia.
    >
    > Roy
    >
    > --
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
    > http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > 6:35am up 4:02, 2 users, load average: 0.33, 0.33, 0.20
    > http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

    ooops blimey.... wel AVG caught it, chewed it up and spat it out! Whats
    with the calculator tho?

    new identity, Nov 30, 2005