Re: One for Gordon Re: 0845 vs Geo. number.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Feb 2, 2012.

  1. In article <jgeg46$djq$>,
    www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> wrote:

    >At least this thread MIGHT prompt PAYG mobile users into checking how
    >much they are being ripped off by calling a Geographical number rather
    >than an 0845 alternative.

    Have you considered the use of an 03 number? They are the same to call
    from mobiles and landlines and should be included in inclusive minutes
    from them too.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Feb 2, 2012

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Chris Davies Guest

    Andy Burns <> wrote:
    > And IIRC, all 03xx numbers are reserved for use by the corresponding
    > 08xx owner?

    The reserved blocks are 0370, 0371, and 0345, mapped 1:1 from 0870, 0871,
    and 0845, respectively. (So if you already had 0845 123 4567 then 0345
    123 4567 would be reserved for you.)

    http://www.windsor-telecom.co.uk/03-numbers-03-migration-numbers.php

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Feb 3, 2012

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Chris Davies Guest

    Andy Burns <> wrote:
    > I had a <shudder> for a moment there, thought it might be Wnzrf Jvafbne

    Puleeze !!! :-(
    Chris

    Chris Davies, Feb 3, 2012