Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Prof, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Prof

    Prof Guest

    Have you tried to do it in bios? Some motherboards have a jumper that you
    move but I am not sure if the newer ones use a jumper for this. But bios
    should have a disabling feature.

    Prof, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Prof

    ooyah Guest

    "Prof" <> wrote in message
    > Have you tried to do it in bios? Some motherboards have a jumper that you
    > move but I am not sure if the newer ones use a jumper for this. But bios
    > should have a disabling feature.
    > "Ulrich Roedder" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi I try to upgrade to a gforce4 on a PCChips 925 computer and cant
    > > find a way to disable the onboard VGA adapter.
    > >
    > > Chip set is VIA VT8751 and VT8233
    > >
    > > any help??
    > >
    > > Ulrich

    hello again

    looks like there is no option to disable onboard video in the bios with this
    motherboard ( pcchips m925lr )

    if a seperate vga card wants to be used it must be selected as the primary
    display adapter ( device manager/disp[lay properties )

    regards

    ooyah, Jun 22, 2003

  3. Thank you

    the problem is that the new card will not install with the onboard enabled

    Ulrich

    Catch 22

    Ulrich Roedder, Jun 22, 2003