Re: Onboard Vga Adapter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ulrich Roedder, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. The BIOS has switches to disable all onboard  components except VGA .
    If I try to install a new video card  (gforce MX 440 SE)  XP will not find the hardware (maybe conflict with onboard VGA).
    If I install the driver  (from the CD) it tells me that the driver is already installed (device manager still only shows the S3 graphics card)

    the manual is silent about VGA

    Ulrich

    ooyah wrote:

    "Ulrich Roedder" <> wrote in message news:...

    ooyah wrote:

    "Ulrich Roedder" <> wrote in message news:...

    Hi I try to upgrade to a gforce4 on a PCChips 925 computer and cant find a way to disable the onboard VGA adapter. Chip set is VIA VT8751 and VT8233 any help?? Ulrich

    hello this is usually an option in the bios

    whats a bios?

    hello again bios = B asic I nput O utput S ystem its the interface between your hardware and the operating system or software to view the bios, press F2 or DEL ( depends on which BIOS you have ) as your system boots the VGA options will be there somewhere have you the manual for your motherboard ( or search for it online ) - this will guide you through your particular BIOS regards

    Ulrich Roedder, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Ulrich Roedder

    ooyah Guest

    Hi I try to upgrade to a gforce4 on a PCChips 925 computer and cant
    find a way to disable the onboard VGA adapter.

    Chip set is VIA VT8751 and VT8233

    any help??

    Ulrich
    hello

    this is usually an option in the bios
    whats a bios?

    hello again

    bios = B asic I nput O utput S ystem

    its the interface between your hardware and the operating system or software

    to view the bios, press F2 or DEL ( depends on which BIOS you have ) as your
    system boots

    the VGA options will be there somewhere

    have you the manual for your motherboard ( or search for it online ) - this
    will guide you through your particular BIOS

    regards

    hello againis there a BIOS option to turn vga to either PCI or AGP - if there is this should be AGP

    - by default its usually PCI, so it needs to change to AGP - try thisfailing this, what motherboard do you have - i will check it out for youregards

    ooyah, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Ulrich Roedder

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Ulrich Roedder

    Jimchip Guest

    Please post in plain-text (was Re: Onboard Vga Adapter)

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:29:45 -0500, Ulrich Roedder wrote:
    ><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

    This is a plain-text newsgroup.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  5. Ulrich Roedder

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:43:24 +0100, ooyah wrote:

    Please post in plain-text only.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  6. Re: Please post in plain-text (was Re: Onboard Vga Adapter)

    Thank you

    Ulrich Roedder, Jun 22, 2003