Re: On The Road - Comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Aug 22, 2012.

  1. otter

    otter Guest Lazardo's socks
    This certainly must have been taken while on the road, so it fits the
    mandate. While it wouldn't be my first choice of subjects, I can see
    the charm. The lighting is nice, too. Barstow
    Barstow! One of my favorite places. I almost submitted this archive
    pic this month:
    Maybe post-processing would make it pop and less hazy, but what you
    have its fine, too. Tim Conway's cityscape
    Well, it IS a shot taken on the road. It would be nice to get
    something with a little more story to it, but I know how difficult it
    is to do while driving. Stick's gate
    Very nice picture. It is hard for me to criticize anything. It makes
    me feel good. You could try selective HDR on the sky, or maybe crop
    it so the gate weren't centered, but those are your choices. The
    picture works as-is for me. yellow
    One of my favorites this time. Almost worth breaking your camera
    for. Nothing really to criticize. I'm glad you did this near a
    curve, it added interest. Maybe if there were a car coming... flashmob
    Cool picture. The people cut at the edges are a little disconcerting,
    but maybe they add interest, too. Alan Browne's road &
    It is a road. The fence is nice, maybe the nicest part. Maybe if you
    cropped the bottom so there was less road and more fence? Or move
    closer to the fence? That would bring the rock more into the
    foreground, too. Fairly pleasant as it is, though. flume
    That sure is high. Looks like a nice place to meditate. slo-mo waterfall
    More medium-mo than slo-mo. I like the colors of the rocks, and good
    use of light. Must have been some place you visited on the road. Bowser's bike butt
    Good image, it tells a story. Maybe could be cropped different, but
    it's not going to be an artistic masterpiece whatever you do to it.
    But I'm sure the picture means something to you. Probably a reminder
    of a lot of pain. Valley of Fire
    Very nice shot. I like the way the road leads you into the picture.
    Love the red rocks. I might have kicked them up in post even more,
    but that's just me. Death Valley
    Great shot. Here, dead straight and centered work just fine. Well
    done. Savage Duck's Aromas Avila beach Dead end
    Sorry, Duck, these weren't your best. I've seen better from you. I
    can only guess you were hurriedly trying to find something to fit the
    mandate. The whale watchers had a small amount of interest. Tony Cooper's armadillo
    It IS on the road. wide berth
    This tells a story. Sign, bike, car all tie together. Nice. Not
    great, but nice. Biker
    What a cluster of bikes! off road no go
    Maybe Cleary was sending a message to the old men in this group with
    these two pictures. Bob Coe's Ford
    One of the better pictures I've seen from Bob. Good work! I like it
    as is. corner
    This is indeed an interesting situation. I wonder how this was
    allowed to happen. Maybe some addition cropping could help, though.
    At least get rid of the glass on the far left. Martha Coe's tree
    Yeah, it is a cellular tree, near a road. But I really don't want to
    look at it. roller
    The machine has good potential. Maybe if it were closer, though. The
    yellow lines are a distraction. My Frank Ess's vanishing
    Now that's a road picture. I like it. Especially the nice clean
    shine of the hood. shadow
    Uh, well, nice picture of a shadow "on the road". LOL. tilt
    Must have been fun. Otter's Luckenbach
    A Kincaid "picture of light" with alcohol thrown in. eatery
    I was about to give up on Fredricksburg, when I noticed a women
    chuckle and say, "Eating Establishment"! blind
    A cautionary tale. Dan Petre's road
    Hmmm, we must drive the same roads. KPetre's road 1 road 2 3
    You are stealing the show from your husband with these. You have a
    good eye for color. sail
    This is the best of your three, at least to my taste. I do like the
    colors, although as people have commented, there is a noise issue.
    The connection with the mandate is not obvious, unless it is a place
    you went to while on the road. street
    There is something weird about the post-processing on this, but the
    expressions are priceless. "Are we home yet, for crying out loud!" Paul Furman's trail
    I used to live not too far from there, in Boulder Creek. You made me
    You made it look very spooky. Cool.

    I had to skip over some pictures in order to finish IN THIS LIFETIME.
    OK task done.
    otter, Aug 22, 2012