Re: OMFG - Hamilton now on Google Earth/Maps

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Aug 2, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-08-01, vitw <> wrote:
    > At long long last, Hamilton has been brought into the 21st Century with a
    > decent satellite coverage on Google Earth and Google Maps.
    >
    > Up till very recently, it was just a vague green and white blur.
    >
    > I guess there'll be those who won't be surprised, feeling that Hamilton
    > is way behind the times :p

    Shit, the Bombay Hills have moved. Bugger!
    Gordon, Aug 2, 2009

  2. Gordon

    Me Guest

    vitw wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 06:18:11 +0000, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >>> I guess there'll be those who won't be surprised, feeling that Hamilton
    >>> is way behind the times :p
    >>>

    >> Shit, the Bombay Hills have moved. Bugger!

    > Actually, it's getting to be a bit that way. The connecting stretch of
    > SH1 keeps improving, and more and more people live in H-town and work in
    > Auckland.

    Poor bastards - they've hit the loser's jackpot. Bad place to work, an
    even worse place to reside, and a crappy bit of road to enjoy between
    the two.
    Me, Aug 2, 2009

  3. Gordon

    EMB Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > Me wrote:
    >> vitw wrote:

    >>> Actually, it's getting to be a bit that way. The connecting stretch
    >>> of SH1 keeps improving, and more and more people live in H-town and
    >>> work in Auckland.
    >>>

    >> Poor bastards - they've hit the loser's jackpot. Bad place to work,
    >> an even worse place to reside, and a crappy bit of road to enjoy
    >> between the two.

    > Ah but great Oysters at Rangiriri. (Not Bluff Oysters but still good)

    Passable pub too.
    EMB, Aug 2, 2009
  4. Gordon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >> Me wrote:

    >>> Poor bastards - they've hit the loser's jackpot. Bad place to work,
    >>> an even worse place to reside, and a crappy bit of road to enjoy
    >>> between the two.

    >> Ah but great Oysters at Rangiriri. (Not Bluff Oysters but still good)

    > Passable pub too.

    First pub I ever went into for a beer. It was 'the local' (I lived at Glen
    Murray as a child) and me and the boys had been going to the bottle store
    for a couple years already, leaving our unregistered, unwarranted farm bikes
    at the other side of the old bridge and walking across it. Ah, the days of
    carrying a dozen 750ml botles in a wooden crate on the bike tank...

    After walking out of my UE English exam after 45 minutes (LOL, got 51%) at
    Te Kauwhata College at the tender age of 14 I went to the pub on the way
    home and actually went into the bar for a Steinlager.

    It's changed a lot and changed hands many times since those days...
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2009
  5. Gordon

    JohnO Guest

    On Aug 2, 11:31 pm, Collector_NZ <> wrote:
    > Me wrote:
    > > vitw wrote:

    > >> Actually, it's getting to be a bit that way. The connecting stretch of
    > >> SH1 keeps improving, and more and more people live in H-town and work
    > >> in Auckland.

    > > Poor bastards - they've hit the loser's jackpot.  Bad place to work, an
    > > even worse place to reside, and a crappy bit of road to enjoy between
    > > the two.

    > Ah but great Oysters at Rangiriri. (Not Bluff Oysters but still good)- Hide quoted text -

    Are they? I drive past that sign and always wonder. Love oysters but
    Rangiriri? Hmmm, made me wonder if they were mountain oysters. So what
    are they, Clevedon?
    JohnO, Aug 3, 2009
  6. Gordon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Collector_NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:

    >> First pub I ever went into for a beer. It was 'the local' (I lived
    >> at Glen Murray as a child) and me and the boys had been going to the
    >> bottle store for a couple years already, leaving our unregistered,
    >> unwarranted farm bikes at the other side of the old bridge and
    >> walking across it. Ah, the days of carrying a dozen 750ml botles in
    >> a wooden crate on the bike tank... After walking out of my UE English
    >> exam after 45 minutes (LOL, got
    >> 51%) at Te Kauwhata College at the tender age of 14 I went to the
    >> pub on the way home and actually went into the bar for a Steinlager.
    >>
    >> It's changed a lot and changed hands many times since those days...

    > I was at Meremere Power station as a Jnr Station Engineer back a few
    > years ago, Rangiri was a bit better in those days than the Pig Trough
    > at Mercer but the Red Fox was the winner

    Did you never go to the Triple T? (Te Kauwhata Trust Tavern.) That was my
    hangout from '80 or so onwards, after I moved to the TK area. Agreee that
    Mercer sucked but The Red Fox was too far to drive (and drink).

    Some of my best friends from school days lived at Meremere and I often
    stayed over there weekends (more to do than on the farm at Glen Murray).
    Funny though, most of them are dead now. :-(
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2009
  7. Gordon

    JohnO Guest

    On Aug 3, 6:40 pm, Collector_NZ <> wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > >> Ah but great Oysters at Rangiriri. (Not Bluff Oysters but still good)- Hide quoted text -

    > > Are they? I drive past that sign and always wonder. Love oysters but
    > > Rangiriri? Hmmm, made me wonder if they were mountain oysters. So what
    > > are they, Clevedon?

    > In actual fact Wiaheke Oysters and very good, if you buy a tube yo get a
    > tube full, if they are big and great quality (as they were couple of
    > weeks ago) you might get a dozen, if they are smaller you might get 18
    > per tube.
    > You pay a premium for a box on the half shell but I usually get one of
    > those as well when they are good.

    How much?
    JohnO, Aug 3, 2009
  8. On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:25:21 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > On Aug 2, 11:31 pm, Collector_NZ <> wrote:
    >> Me wrote:

    >>> Poor bastards - they've hit the loser's jackpot.  Bad place to work, an
    >>> even worse place to reside, and a crappy bit of road to enjoy between
    >>> the two.

    >> Ah but great Oysters at Rangiriri. (Not Bluff Oysters but still good)- Hide quoted text -

    > Are they? I drive past that sign and always wonder. Love oysters but
    > Rangiriri? Hmmm, made me wonder if they were mountain oysters. So what
    > are they, Clevedon?

    Swamp oysters. Like their southern cousins, toxic waste unfit for human
    consumption.

    --
    - Nicolaas
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 4, 2009