Re: Olympus says preparing legal action against execs

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John Turco, Nov 21, 2011.

  1. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    Eric Stevens wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/olympus-shares-rise-ex-ceo-may-questioned-032549257.html
    >
    > "TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's disgraced Olympus Corp is preparing to
    > take legal action, including possible criminal complaints, against
    > any executives found responsible for the accounting scandal
    > engulfing the firm, according to an internal staff email."
    >
    > --- more ...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    What's >wrong< with Japan, these days? Those Olympus rogues should've
    done the honorable thing, and committed "hari kari" posthaste!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Nov 21, 2011

  2. John Turco

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/20/2011 9:03 PM, John Turco wrote:
    > Eric Stevens wrote:
    >>
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/olympus-shares-rise-ex-ceo-may-questioned-032549257.html
    >>
    >> "TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's disgraced Olympus Corp is preparing to
    >> take legal action, including possible criminal complaints, against
    >> any executives found responsible for the accounting scandal
    >> engulfing the firm, according to an internal staff email."
    >>
    >> --- more ...
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Eric Stevens

    > What's>wrong< with Japan, these days? Those Olympus rogues should've
    > done the honorable thing, and committed "hari kari" posthaste!

    Hi John,
    I feel like picking a nit. The correct term is "seppuku," (stomach
    cutting.) ;-)

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Nov 22, 2011

  3. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    PeterN wrote:

    > > On 11/20/2011 9:03 PM, John Turco wrote:
    > >> Eric Stevens wrote:
    > >>
    > >> http://news.yahoo.com/olympus-shares-rise-ex-ceo-may-questioned-032549257.html
    > >>
    > >> "TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's disgraced Olympus Corp is preparing to
    > >> take legal action, including possible criminal complaints, against
    > >> any executives found responsible for the accounting scandal
    > >> engulfing the firm, according to an internal staff email."
    > >>
    > >> --- more ...
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Eric Stevens

    > > What's>wrong< with Japan, these days? Those Olympus rogues should've
    > > done the honorable thing, and committed "hari kari" posthaste!

    > Hi John,
    > I feel like picking a nit. The correct term is "seppuku," (stomach
    > cutting.) ;-)

    I know, but..."hari kari" is the term I always heard in movies and TV
    shows, growing up.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>