    2048x1536. With a 16 MB card the camera can take only 6 photos in the SHQ
    mode and 20 in the HQ mode. I would appreciate any information.

    Bill
    Bill, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Bill

    Brian Carlin Guest

    Re: Olympus D560 Digital Camera

    "Bill" <> wrote in message news:<9NnRa.474847$>...
    > I am new to Digital Photography and recently purchased an Olympus D560
    > camera. The camera operates at the following resolutions:
    >
    > (1) SHQ 2048x1536
    > (2) HQ 2048x1536
    > (3) SQ1 1024x768
    > (4) SQ2 640x480
    >
    > How is the SHQ different than the HQ mode as the resolutions are both
    > 2048x1536.

    The camera's computer chip compresses the image into smaller JPEG
    files. Compressing JPEG files loses detail in the image. SHQ does
    only minimal compression to the file to keep as much detail as
    possible. HQ does much more compression to make a smaller file, but
    that loses more detail in the image. So they are the same size
    images, but the SHQ image is more true to what the camera saw. Hope
    that makes sense.
    Brian Carlin, Jul 17, 2003