Re: Old is new again?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul L, May 21, 2011.

  1. Paul L

    Paul L Guest

    On 5/16/2011 12:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > It seems that for some of the current generation there is something to
    > be found in analog photography.
    >
    > < http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html >

    "Digital photography allows for no mistakes by the camera," Shaw says.
    "The picture is flawless, and you are the only one to blame for its
    apparent ugliness. But with film, you never really know what's going to
    happen. It's a surprise every time you develop and print your film.
    Sometimes there can be weird color granulations, random light splotches
    or double exposures."

    Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html#ixzz1N0W7lxgL

    So not knowing how to use equipment is "art" with regards to film ?

    Nope. Never was, either.
    Paul L, May 21, 2011

  2. Paul L

    Noons Guest

    Paul L wrote,on my timestamp of 22/05/2011 3:03 AM:

    > "Digital photography allows for no mistakes by the camera," Shaw says. "The
    > picture is flawless, and you are the only one to blame for its apparent
    > ugliness. But with film, you never really know what's going to happen. It's a
    > surprise every time you develop and print your film. Sometimes there can be
    > weird color granulations, random light splotches or double exposures."
    >

    > Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html#ixzz1N0W7lxgL
    >
    > So not knowing how to use equipment is "art" with regards to film ?
    >
    > Nope. Never was, either.

    Therein lies the problem with all these "film evaluations": they are done by
    ignorants who never knew how to use film properly in the first place...
    Noons, May 22, 2011

  3. Paul L

    Guest

    On May 21, 11:03 am, Paul L <> wrote:
    > On 5/16/2011 12:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >
    > > It seems that for some of the current generation there is something to
    > > be found in analog photography.

    > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html>

    > "Digital photography allows for no mistakes by the camera," Shaw says.
    > "The picture is flawless, and you are the only one to blame for its
    > apparent ugliness. But with film, you never really know what's going to
    > happen. It's a surprise every time you develop and print your film.
    > Sometimes there can be weird color granulations, random light splotches
    > or double exposures."
    >
    > Read more:http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20062810-93.html#ixzz1N0W7lxgL
    >
    > So not knowing how to use equipment is "art" with regards to film ?
    >
    > Nope.   Never was, either.

    What else would you expect form a Holga user?

    I just can't wrap my arms around the idea of using a shitty camera on
    purpose.
    , May 24, 2011