Re: Off-topic: Measuring ISP's signal strength

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 28, 2009.

  1. Hi
    His tool is probably a propriety hardware/software specifically to the ISP
    equipment.
    You can try to search for terms like Signal Meter + the name and model of
    your modem.
    Example,
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Motorola Canopy signal strength meter&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
    I am not very hopeful, but try, you never know. :)
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 28, 2009

  2. Jack [MVP-Networking]

    Meebers Guest

    You can always rotate the Yagi to the vertical mode and see what happens. I
    would think you could also look at the transmitter site and note the
    orientation of their antenna. If its a vertical, which I would guess it
    would be since the interest is serving more than one customer (omni
    directional) Also try to set the antenna pointing directly in the direction
    of the tower, making small movements and recording the signal strength.

    Meebers, Nov 28, 2009