Re: Off topic electrical prob!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Michael, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Pompey© wrote:

    > Hi
    > Off topic I know but I'll ask here...someone may know :)
    > I v'e tried to replace 2 2way double light switches in our living
    > room with 2 2way double dimmer switches...when connected up the
    > lights flicker!
    > when I just connect one and one original double flick switch all is
    > ok....No matter what dimmer switches and flick switches I connect in
    > whatever combination the two dimmers will not work together :-(....
    > does anybody know of a reason the 2 double dimmers don't work on the
    > same circuit?? Many thanks..... Daryn

    2-way dimmers are meant to be used in combination with simple two-way
    switches ONLY.

    You cannot wire two dimmers together in a two-way switching setup, as the
    discontinuous waveform created by the triac in each of them will interfere
    with the waveform that's ouput from other (that's the flicker you're
    seeing.)

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 12, 2003