Re: Off topic electrical prob!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PhilÅ, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    Are you using Energy saving bulbs, or florences, dinners will not work with
    them??

    "Pompey©" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Off topic I know but I'll ask here...someone may know :)
    > I v'e tried to replace 2 2way double light switches in our living room

    with
    > 2 2way double dimmer switches...when connected up the lights flicker!
    > when I just connect one and one original double flick switch all is

    ok....No
    > matter what dimmer switches and flick switches I connect in whatever
    > combination the two dimmers will not work together :-(.... does anybody

    know

    PhilÅ, Jul 12, 2003

  2. PhilÅ

    Brian H¹© Guest

    PhilÅ said:

    > Are you using Energy saving bulbs, or florences, dinners will not work with
    > them??

    Dinners may not work with Florences, by I think you might be in luck with
    Doris's though.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003

  3. PhilÅ

    Pompey© Guest

    No energy savers normal 60 watt bulbs...the lights actually work ok with one
    double dimmer switch whatever one I use or where i connect it...just wont
    work with both connected!!
    Daryn

    Pompey©, Jul 12, 2003
  4. PhilÅ

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pompey© said:

    > No energy savers normal 60 watt bulbs...the lights actually work ok with one
    > double dimmer switch whatever one I use or where i connect it...just wont
    > work with both connected!!
    > Daryn

    Why tell me, I didn't ask you anything?
    Anyway, have you considered that you may be putting too much resistance in the
    circuit?
    Why do you need 2 sets of dimmers?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003
  5. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Pompey© said:
    >
    > > No energy savers normal 60 watt bulbs...the lights actually work ok with

    one
    > > double dimmer switch whatever one I use or where i connect it...just

    wont
    > > work with both connected!!
    > > Daryn
    > >

    > Why tell me, I didn't ask you anything?
    > Anyway, have you considered that you may be putting too much resistance in

    the
    > circuit?
    > Why do you need 2 sets of dimmers?
    >

    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    with

    > >> Dinners may not work with Florences, by I think you might be in luck

    with
    > >> Doris's though.

    room with

    does

    > --
    > www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    > freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    But someone else did, you just missed it...

    Captain Splendid, Jul 12, 2003
  6. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > PhilÅ said:
    >
    > > Are you using Energy saving bulbs, or florences, dinners will not work

    with
    > > them??

    > Dinners may not work with Florences, by I think you might be in luck with
    > Doris's though.

    That is shocking isn't it, I have had a little to drink tonight, and also
    just noticed after a XP reinstall that the spell checker isn't on in OE..

    It is now..

    PhilÅ, Jul 12, 2003
  7. PhilÅ

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Captain Splendid said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Pompey© said:
    >>
    >>> No energy savers normal 60 watt bulbs...the lights actually work ok with one
    >>> double dimmer switch whatever one I use or where i connect it...just wont
    >>> work with both connected!!
    >>> Daryn
    >>>

    >> Why tell me, I didn't ask you anything?
    >> Anyway, have you considered that you may be putting too much resistance in
    >> the circuit?
    >> Why do you need 2 sets of dimmers?
    >>

    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > But someone else did, you just missed it...

    I didn't miss anything, I didn't ask anything, so didn't expect to be "replied"
    to.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003
  8. PhilÅ

    Brian H¹© Guest

    PhilÅ said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> PhilÅ said:
    >>
    >>> Are you using Energy saving bulbs, or florences, dinners will not work with
    >>> them??

    >> Dinners may not work with Florences, by I think you might be in luck with
    >> Doris's though.
    >>

    > That is shocking isn't it, I have had a little to drink tonight, and also
    > just noticed after a XP reinstall that the spell checker isn't on in OE..
    >

    > It is now..

    ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003