Re: OE6 mail deleted when forwarded

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by trout, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. trout

    trout Guest

    fm wrote:

    > With OE6 whenever I forward a message my copy of the mail is shown as
    > read and deleted when next I go to the "Inbox" folder that it was in.
    > Is there any way I can change this so that a message is saved until I
    > mark it for deletion? I never had this problem in OE4.
    >
    > I even went so far as to go to "OPTIONS" and un click the "Delete read
    > messages in newsgroups" option and that made no difference. As a
    > matter of fact if I mark any regular e mails OR newsgroup e mails as
    > read they are still deleted if I leave their respective folder.
    >
    > Please help me if you can. This is driving me crazy. The only way I
    > have found to keep a copy of a forwarded e mail is to mark it as
    > unread before leaving the folder that I forwarded it from.

    Yes, *do* check your view, and be sure that you're not hiding read
    messages.
    If that's not the case; you might have a corrupt inbox. You *could*
    close OE, search for dbx files, and rename the inbox. A new one will be
    created.
    Another possibility is repairing IE/OE. The method would depend upon
    your OS.
    --
    "Good luck."

    trout, Jun 29, 2003