Re: Odd COM port problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bardeban, Oct 13, 2008.

  1. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    control panel/ system/ device manager/ delete com port entry, all of them.
    restart and let windows detect all of them back to your system.
    configure your modem, it should be OK now.

    bardeban, Oct 13, 2008

  2. bardeban

    Guest

    "Trent SC" <> wrote:

    >I followed Pennywise's helpful and post as well. Curiously, when I'd
    >reset the BIOS to enable COM2 and rebooted, XP still showed COM1!

    You would then goto the control panel/add remove hardware and install
    a new com port, you would then have two com ports to work with.
    --

    RedNeck fire alarm
    http://wtfurls.com/pics-images/752/redneck-fire-alarm-wtf

    , Oct 14, 2008