Re: ODBC Driver for MS Access 2003

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGltb24gQi4=?=, May 9, 2005.

  1. I did not find any information about ODBC and Windows x64 in
    microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr, but now I will poste my question
    there.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltb24gQi4=?=, May 9, 2005

  2. Yes thats what I meant, post your query in that newsgroups and you should
    get an appropriate answer regarding ODBC.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2005

  3. I think I found a solution.

    I started the ODBC DataSource Administrator loacatet in the directory
    sysWOW64. This ODBC DataSource Administrator offers me also the Access ODBC
    Driver for *.mdb and I was able to add the DataSource and access the
    *.mdb-File via ODBC. :)

    I think Access 2003 installed the ODBC Driver for Access only in the
    sysWOW64 Folder because MS Access 2003 is a 32 bit application. Right?

    Is it possible to "import" the Access driver into the ODBC DataSource
    Administrator in the Folder system32?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltb24gQi4=?=, May 10, 2005
  4. Think of the sysWOW64 as the System32 folder equivalent for 32-bit
    applications. When Access 2003 was installed, it thinks it wrote to the
    System32 folder but really wrote to sysWOW64. I'm not sure if the ODBC
    Data Source Administrator supports the use of 32-bit drivers.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005