Re: NVidia Linux support

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ClintEastWoodyAllenAlda, Feb 27, 2009.

  1. On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 05:22:32 -0600, philo wrote:

    > After a ton of experimenting I got a sytem working to my liking
    >
    > Fedora Core 10 did the job.
    >
    > The installation worked just fine
    >
    > and much to my surprise I was even able to install the *non-beta* NVidia
    > driver .
    >
    > All is well now

    I had a high-end NVidia 'way back and FC4 and then FC6 both
    installed the proper drivers handled them flawlessly - internally, no
    added drivers needed.

    Glad it's running well. It's always nice when that happens!

    Running FC9_64 on my new dual-core Pentium system, and it running like a
    dream.

    Clint
    ClintEastWoodyAllenAlda, Feb 27, 2009

  2. On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:54:03 -0600, philo wrote:

    > "ClintEastWoodyAllenAlda" <Identity_crisis_37@razed_and_defused.info> wrote
    > in message
    >> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 05:22:32 -0600, philo wrote:
    >>
    >>> After a ton of experimenting I got a sytem working to my liking
    >>>
    >>> Fedora Core 10 did the job.
    >>>
    >>> The installation worked just fine
    >>>
    >>> and much to my surprise I was even able to install the *non-beta* NVidia
    >>> driver .
    >>>
    >>> All is well now

    >> I had a high-end NVidia 'way back and FC4 and then FC6 both
    >> installed the proper drivers handled them flawlessly - internally, no
    >> added drivers needed.
    >>
    >> Glad it's running well. It's always nice when that happens!
    >>
    >> Running FC9_64 on my new dual-core Pentium system, and it running like a
    >> dream.
    >>

    >> Clint
    >>

    > Yes FC10 without the Nvidia drivers setup the display just fine...
    >
    > (so did Debian)
    >
    > however I wanted enhancements such as gamma adjustment
    > which only seem to be possible with the specific NVidia drivers.

    > As a photographer who uses GIMP, those little fine touches are needed

    Understood!

    I'm an /extremely/ amateur photog, and I love the GIMP for
    post-processing. Perhaps you should suggest they add gamma adjustment?

    I wish GIMP would do decent 3D text imagery, so I'm going to
    request/suggest that at some point.

    Clint
    ClintEastWoodyAllenAlda, Feb 28, 2009