Re: NTLDR

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Unk, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Unk

    Unk Guest

    "sys c:" was very bad advice. That is for Win9x.
    It causes the boot block to look for "Msdos.sys" instead of "Ntdetect.com"

    A quick, TEMPORY, fix is to format a floppy on a good XP machine, and
    copy "Boot.ini", "Ntdetect.com", "Ntldr" to it. Boot your system with the
    floppy in the drive.. For a permanent fix........

    Repair the Boot Sector using the Recovery console on the CD.
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm#How to Repair the Boot Sector:
    (Copy & paste the ENTIRE above line into the url box)

    To repair a damaged Boot Sector, run the Recovery console from the CD. At
    the command prompt type FIXBOOT and press Enter. Then answer "Y"

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Unk

    J C Ames Guest

    I think this will work but I'm gonna need some time so will let you know the
    results
    Thanks very much for the info

    J C Ames, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Unk