Re: 'Nother XP problem SOLVED!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Limpy, May 26, 2009.

  1. Limpy

    Limpy Guest

    In the magical world of this newsgroup called 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    on Sun, 10 May 2009 01:16:35 -0400 we were all amazed to see Limpy
    <> write:

    >A friend decided to install XP on his vista box. He unplugged the data
    >wire from his second SATA HDD but left the power connected (IDK if
    >that's relevant) and installed XP.
    >Now his 2nd drive (after reconnected the data cord with the PC off)
    >shows as RAW when actually ALL his data from the C: dive is there.
    >
    >It shows up in computer management as healthy and working fine, and
    >shows up fine in the setup screen. It even shows up in Windows
    >Explorer, but when we click it it says it needs to be formatted.
    >
    >Is there a software or tweak to bring his stuff back?

    FileScavenger 3.01 fixed it!
    I was able to recover all his files, reformat his HDD and put
    everything back in the right place. Like frickin' magic!

    Limpy, May 26, 2009