Re: not able to get any web page

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Kelley Parent continued:

    > I am suddenly having a major problem with my explorer. I have windows
    > 98 and I can always open my outlook express and can open my msn and
    > yahoo messengers but whenever I try to go to a web page in any of my
    > emails in outlook it just freezes and when it comes to the msn and
    > yahoo I cannot even get to my emails. I cannot open my explorer
    > either. My computer says I am connected a 45,333bps. I usually run at
    > least 46,666. I am not a computer wiz by any stretch but if anyone
    > could explain what I may be experiencing as my problem I would
    > greatly appreciate the help. Thanks...

    Your connection speed is irrelevant.

    Go to Start/settings/control panel/add-remove programs and double click "M$
    Int Explorer..." (NOT OE!!) and choose 'repair'.
    Reboot.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 8, 2003

  2. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slumpy continued:

    >> Your connection speed is irrelevant.
    >>
    >> Go to Start/settings/control panel/add-remove programs and double
    >> click "M$ Int Explorer..." (NOT OE!!) and choose 'repair'.
    >> Reboot.

    > Also delete your temporary internet files, .tmp files, and compact
    > your folders via File/Folder/Compact All Folders.

    Why tell me ?
    Why not tell the OP ?

    Feckin eedjit.
    --