Re: Norton System Works

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mdp, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. mdp

    mdp Guest

    When I installed XP, I needed NSW 2002 or better. NSW 2000 wouldn't
    install. Unfortunately, I didn't get a Windows version of Ghost like I have
    in NSW 2000. Maybe that's because it's XP, I don't really know. Regarding
    installing only some modules, using Win98SE with NSW 2000 I installed 'some'
    of the components and found it unreliable. Infrequent crashes but crashes
    all the same. Once I installed all the Norton modules, it became very
    reliable at a cost of extra HD space of which I have plenty.

    --
    Please de-spam my address if replying to me
    "farmhand" <> wrote in message
    > Bought a new PC with XP pro and all the wanted accouterments. My wife, in

    > generous spirit, picked up a CD of Norton System Works.
    >
    > Some years ago I had a Norton package similar and used it often with
    > absolutely no problems. Now- (I read this NG everyday) I often see

    comments
    > that I should not use any Norton products, that they are not good but the
    > poster never adds the reasons that Norton products are unsatisfactory. I
    > have used their "Ghost" for several years, the rest of their utilities

    when

    mdp, Jul 31, 2003