Re: Norton Ghost help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ooyah, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. ooyah

    ooyah Guest

    "Rover" <> wrote in message
    > If this is the wrong newsgroup, please direct me to the correct one.
    >
    > I'm trying to use Norton Ghost 2001 on a Win ME machine to clone my 25
    > gig drive to another machine (running Win98) I have on a LAN at home. I
    > CAN get Ghost to create a boot disk to clone to my local CD writer, but
    > after 13 CDs it had a write error and quit; I'd like to go the LAN
    > route. I CANNOT get Ghost to create a bootable diskette using the
    > TCP/IP peer-to-peer. The selection of standard NIC cards doesn't
    > include my card and none of the options I've used seem to work.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    hello

    download a packet driver or ndis2 driver for your nic, then create a ghost
    network boot disk using one of these drivers - do the same for the other pc
    on the lan, give the boot disks different ip address ( 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.2
    will do ) and both disks subnet masks of 255.255.255.0 and then you have a
    simple tcp/ip peer-to-peer network - the master will contain the drive you
    wish to clone, the slave will be the destination for the clone

    regards
    ooyah, Jun 29, 2003