Re: NorthAmericanDVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Invid Fan, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Invid Fan

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Arthur Lipscomb
    <> wrote:

    > Anyone know a toll free phone number for this Canadian retailer?

    [goes to site]

    They don't have one, as they don't take phone orders and appear to not
    want people bugging them by phone. I think it says somewhere they're a
    "family" store, so may be short handed :) From the FAQ:

    > For emergencies only , you can contact North American DVD directly by
    > telephone at:
    > (416) 218-0415 or by fax at: (416) 218-0714 . Please do not use this
    > number to place orders or to check the status of an existing order.
    > Please send all questions and concerns via e-mail.
    >
    > You can write us at this address. It is helpful to describe the
    > services you are interested in.
    >
    > North American DVD
    > 1696 Avenue Rd.
    > Toronto, ON M5M-3Y4

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Invid Fan wrote:

    > In article <>, Arthur Lipscomb
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know a toll free phone number for this Canadian retailer?

    > [goes to site]

    Yeah, I've been there...

    > They don't have one, as they don't take phone orders and appear to not
    > want people bugging them by phone.

    And I don't want a long distance call to Canada on my phone bill.
    I've got to learn to stop buying from Canada.

    I think it says somewhere they're a
    > "family" store, so may be short handed :)

    No excuse.
    I'm owed a refund and they've been ignoring my emails for weeks.
    I'll never order from them again.

    From the FAQ:

    Arthur Lipscomb, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Invid Fan

    OldNKranky Guest

    If you used a credit card dispute the charge.

    OldNKranky, Aug 18, 2003
  4. OldNKranky wrote:

    > If you used a credit card dispute the charge.

    Normally I would. Unfortunately, I paid the shipping cost to return a
    defective DVD after they told me they'd reimburse the cost. It actually
    cost me extra (and saved them money) by following their specific return
    instructions.

    Arthur Lipscomb, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Invid Fan

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Invid Fan wrote:
    > The call won't cost that much. Hell, call collect. I haven't had any
    > problems with them.

    I also have ordered from then several times and have never had any
    problems with them. In fact they even "gave" me free shipping on an
    item that I didn't deserve it on.

    dick
    --I'm not doubting the OP's problems, but I just want readers to know
    that at least some customers have had no problems with purchasing from them.
    Dick Sidbury, Aug 18, 2003
  6. Invid Fan

    lrulan Guest

    > OldNKranky wrote:
    > >
    > > If you used a credit card dispute the charge.

    > Normally I would. Unfortunately, I paid the shipping cost to return a
    > defective DVD after they told me they'd reimburse the cost. It actually
    > cost me extra (and saved them money) by following their specific return
    > instructions.

    Never had any problems with them either. I had to return a scratched disc
    (part of X-FILES season 7) as per their instructions and they promptly sent
    me a new one plus the shipping cost in cash inside the box. What email
    address are you using to contact them? The one I've been using is
    not the one they have on their site as those
    bounce back to me as undeliverable.

    --

    Irulan
    from now until the end of time
    lrulan, Aug 18, 2003
  7. lrulan wrote:

    > "Arthur Lipscomb" <> wrote in message
    > > OldNKranky wrote:
    > > >
    > > > If you used a credit card dispute the charge.

    > > Normally I would. Unfortunately, I paid the shipping cost to return a
    > > defective DVD after they told me they'd reimburse the cost. It actually
    > > cost me extra (and saved them money) by following their specific return
    > > instructions.
    > >

    > Never had any problems with them either. I had to return a scratched disc
    > (part of X-FILES season 7) as per their instructions and they promptly sent
    > me a new one plus the shipping cost in cash inside the box. What email
    > address are you using to contact them? The one I've been using is
    > not the one they have on their site as those
    > bounce back to me as undeliverable.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Irulan
    > from the stars we came, to the stars we return
    > from now until the end of time

    I've been a customer for over a year. This is my first problem with
    them. I tried both addresses, but the last couple were to the online
    address. I'll try other one again. Thanks.
    Arthur Lipscomb, Aug 18, 2003
  8. Invid Fan wrote:

    > In article <>, Arthur Lipscomb
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Invid Fan wrote:

    > > > [goes to site]

    > > Yeah, I've been there...
    > >

    > > > They don't have one, as they don't take phone orders and appear to not
    > > > want people bugging them by phone.

    > > And I don't want a long distance call to Canada on my phone bill.
    > > I've got to learn to stop buying from Canada.
    > >

    > The call won't cost that much. Hell, call collect. I haven't had any
    > problems with them.
    >
    > --

    Actually, it'll cost quite a bit, potential more than the reimbursement
    I'm owed. Maybe I'll try calling collect.
    Arthur Lipscomb, Aug 18, 2003