Re: Nokia 808 VOIP and keep-alive process for NAT etc

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter, Mar 25, 2013.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    alexd <> wrote

    >> Agreed 100% but even when I keep "sticking" ALWAYS ON in there, it
    >> doesn't do anything.

    >That's surely a bug, although if you've ever managed to receive a call then
    >I would think it's a user interface display bug, as the phone would surely
    >ignore incoming calls if it didn't think it was registered.

    More testing...

    The ALWAYS ON setting stays for a while, but by the morning it is gone
    back.

    I suspect that either there is a bug, and possibly keep-alive does not
    work at all (and the people who have incoming VOIP working are using a
    3rd party app which *does* implement it) or there is another setting
    elsewhere on the phone.

    For example, under Mobile Data, I have "when needed" rather than "when
    available". This might affect it, but "mobile data" is not WIFI... and
    there is no corresponding wifi seting. There are various power
    management settings spread around the phone, one of which might be
    doing it.

    Peter, Mar 25, 2013