Re: NO SWIMMING

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 8, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/8/2010 10:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Even if you dont see one of these signs at the beach along the Gulf,
    > stay the hell out of the water:
    > http://www.sciencecorps.org/crudeoilhazards.htm
    >
    > Executive Summary
    >
    > Chemicals in crude oil and dispersants can cause a wide range of health
    > effects in people and wildlife, depending on the level of exposure and
    > susceptibility. Crude oil has many highly toxic chemical ingredients
    > that can damage every system in the body. Dispersant chemicals can
    > affect
    > many of the same organs. These include:
    >
    > respiratory system
    > nervous system, including the brain
    > liver
    > reproductive/urogenital system
    > kidneys endocrine system
    > circulatory system gastrointestinal system
    > immune system sensory systems
    > musculoskeletal system hematopoietic system
    > (blood forming)
    > skin and integumentary system disruption of normal
    > metabolism
    >
    > YIKES!

    What about the Sharks?

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jul 8, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:41:53 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/8/2010 10:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> Even if you dont see one of these signs at the beach along the Gulf,
    >> stay the hell out of the water:
    >> http://www.sciencecorps.org/crudeoilhazards.htm
    >>
    >> Executive Summary
    >>
    >> Chemicals in crude oil and dispersants can cause a wide range of health
    >> effects in people and wildlife, depending on the level of exposure and
    >> susceptibility. Crude oil has many highly toxic chemical ingredients
    >> that can damage every system in the body. Dispersant chemicals can
    >> affect
    >> many of the same organs. These include:
    >>
    >> respiratory system
    >> nervous system, including the brain
    >> liver
    >> reproductive/urogenital system
    >> kidneys endocrine system
    >> circulatory system gastrointestinal system
    >> immune system sensory systems
    >> musculoskeletal system hematopoietic system
    >> (blood forming)
    >> skin and integumentary system disruption of normal
    >> metabolism
    >>
    >> YIKES!

    >What about the Sharks?

    Very sad indeed. They can't get out of the water for long, and they
    can't stay in the water much longer with the oil and gd dispersants.

    joevan, Jul 8, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/8/2010 12:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:41:53 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/8/2010 10:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> Even if you dont see one of these signs at the beach along the Gulf,
    >>> stay the hell out of the water:
    >>> http://www.sciencecorps.org/crudeoilhazards.htm
    >>>
    >>> Executive Summary
    >>>
    >>> Chemicals in crude oil and dispersants can cause a wide range of health
    >>> effects in people and wildlife, depending on the level of exposure and
    >>> susceptibility. Crude oil has many highly toxic chemical ingredients
    >>> that can damage every system in the body. Dispersant chemicals can
    >>> affect
    >>> many of the same organs. These include:
    >>>
    >>> respiratory system
    >>> nervous system, including the brain
    >>> liver
    >>> reproductive/urogenital system
    >>> kidneys endocrine system
    >>> circulatory system gastrointestinal system
    >>> immune system sensory systems
    >>> musculoskeletal system hematopoietic system
    >>> (blood forming)
    >>> skin and integumentary system disruption of normal
    >>> metabolism
    >>>
    >>> YIKES!

    >> What about the Sharks?

    > Very sad indeed. They can't get out of the water for long, and they
    > can't stay in the water much longer with the oil and gd dispersants.

    I'm trying to imagine the end results of this, but just cant.

    OldGringo38, Jul 8, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:29:27 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/8/2010 12:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:41:53 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 7/8/2010 10:06 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> What about the Sharks?

    >> Very sad indeed. They can't get out of the water for long, and they
    >> can't stay in the water much longer with the oil and gd dispersants.

    >I'm trying to imagine the end results of this, but just cant.

    I'm afraid to try and imagine. It is real now, and if it gets
    worse--------------------------

    joevan, Jul 8, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/8/2010 12:39 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:29:27 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/8/2010 12:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> Very sad indeed. They can't get out of the water for long, and they
    >>> can't stay in the water much longer with the oil and gd dispersants.

    >> I'm trying to imagine the end results of this, but just cant.

    > I'm afraid to try and imagine. It is real now, and if it gets
    > worse--------------------------

    From Aljezeera, as they talk about the Oil spill in Brazil.

    http://blogs.aljazeera.net/americas/2010/07/07/effects-brazilian-oil-spill-10-years

    OldGringo38, Jul 8, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:39:50 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:29:27 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 7/8/2010 12:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, joevan wrote the
    >>following tidbit of information:

    >>> Very sad indeed. They can't get out of the water for long, and they
    >>> can't stay in the water much longer with the oil and gd dispersants.

    >>I'm trying to imagine the end results of this, but just cant.

    > I'm afraid to try and imagine. It is real now, and if it gets

    The sky is falling! The sky is falling! <wrings hands>

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he descended down into Shayol Ghul.

    Dan C, Jul 8, 2010