RE: No more access to my Linksys router wrt54g

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by nass, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. nass

    nass Guest

    "mrhangster" wrote:

    > Well I just got all my computers (xp home) all using wep 64 bit 10 hex
    > encryption. But----now I can't use my old password and username to get into
    > my router.
    >
    > I get the 401 unauthorized stuff.
    >
    > What has happened now?
    > Thankyou for any help and ideas.

    First WEP not a secure encryption method to protect your Wireless?

    Try resetting the router by pressing & hold the reset button for 20 seconds.
    Allow the router to re-set , then try to access the Router and Set a WPA
    Encryption Key and don't forget to Renter it on the Machines!
    The belwo for accessing the router not the Wireless security Encryption!
    user: [ admin ]
    Password: [ leave blank]

    WPA Wireless Security for Home Networks
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx