Re: No MAC addy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Jul 18, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
    > pcmcia card in BeOS...

    How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?

    > if I look in the linksys routers config page its
    > listed as 01:00:00:00:00

    That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be modified
    by something you have done accidentally.

    > I can see on the oustide of the card it has a way different number than
    > that...apparently the 'netstat' module included with the BeOS dont
    > access the MAC address properly. I shood trie it in teh linuxes adn see
    > wot iz happeneng.

    There are a lot of tools that you could boot with that you would be able
    to see the mac address with.

    It isn't a big deal. Don't try to do it with Be.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 18, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    chuckcar Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote in

    > snuhwolf wrote:
    >> Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
    >> pcmcia card in BeOS...

    > How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?
    >
    > > if I look in the linksys routers config page its
    >> listed as 01:00:00:00:00

    > That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
    > modified by something you have done accidentally.

    Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
    anything else.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 19, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Mike Easter <> wrote in
    >
    >> snuhwolf wrote:
    >>> Odd, but there seems to be no way to display the MAC address of this
    >>> pcmcia card in BeOS...

    >> How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?
    >>
    >> > if I look in the linksys routers config page its
    >>> listed as 01:00:00:00:00

    >> That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
    >> modified by something you have done accidentally.
    >>

    > Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
    > anything else.

    Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy that
    translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS

    --
    Altopia.com $12/m 10 unlimited connections

    Meat Plow, Jul 19, 2010
  4. Mike Easter

    chuckcar Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Easter <> wrote in

    >>> How many of us do you think have a BeOS to look at to help you?

    >>> That seems strange but possible, especially if it is able to be
    >>> modified by something you have done accidentally.
    >>>

    >> Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
    >> anything else.

    > Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
    > that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS

    LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 19, 2010
  5. Mike Easter

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:39:08 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mike Easter <> wrote in

    >>> Actually, that looks suspiciously like a PCI bus ID to me more than
    >>> anything else.

    >> Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
    >> that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS
    >>

    > LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

    Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

    Meat Plow, Jul 19, 2010
  6. Mike Easter

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:35:18 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow <> wrote in

    >>> Actually it looks like a Teredo IPV6 tunneling whachamacallit thingy
    >>> that translats VPN via WAN and LAN DNS
    >>>

    >> LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

    >Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

    Good one. But you know something. The guy must be retarded because he
    never seems fazed by all the compliments he gets. : o)

    joevan, Jul 19, 2010
  7. Mike Easter

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:45:02 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:35:18 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:53 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    >>
    >>> Meat Plow <> wrote in

    >>> LOL. You really have no clue or good reason to be here do you?

    >>Sure I do, to make fun of retards like you.

    > Good one. But you know something. The guy must be retarded because he
    > never seems fazed by all the compliments he gets. : o)

    I'm convinced he's been teased about being retarded all his life.

    Meat Plow, Jul 20, 2010