Re: No Internet access, but strong signal, "connected" to wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by David Hettel, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. David Hettel

    David Hettel Guest

    It sounds like a problem with your network key to me. You might want to try
    entering your password as a hex value. Also you might want to look at these
    pages;

    There is also an excellent network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna.
    Take the time to go through it and it will usually pinpoint the problem
    area(s) - http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 26, 2006

  2. The key is entered in hex. Network Magic requests the same key (in hex, WEP
    from Linksys) and that software gets me to the Internet using that key. But
    if I enter it without Newwork Magic, "page cannot be displayed" is all I ever
    get.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlsIHN0YWNleQ==?=, Dec 26, 2006

  3. David Hettel

    David Hettel Guest

    OK if you're entering the key in hex then you need to figure out where your
    connection is failing, may I suggest you try this;
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/russel_diagnostics.mspx

    David Hettel, Dec 26, 2006