Re: No Ice, No Arctic

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:03:53 +0000 (UTC), §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > More for the Flat Earthers and Deniers to piss & moan about.
    > Reality *does* have a liberal bias :)
    >
    > UXBRIDGE, Canada - The carbon dioxide emissions from burning such fossil
    > fuels have now melted the Arctic sea ice to its lowest volume since
    > before
    > the rise of human civilisation and dangerously upsetting the energy
    > balance of the entire planet, climate scientists are reporting.
    > "The Arctic sea ice has reached its four lowest summer extents (area
    > covered) in the last four years," said
    > Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in the
    > U.S. city of Boulder, Colorado.
    > The volume - extent and thickness - of ice left in the Arctic likely
    > reached the lowest ever level this month,
    > Serreze told IPS.
    > "I stand by my previous statements that the Arctic summer sea ice cover
    > is in a death spiral. It's not going
    > to recover," he said.
    > There can be no recovery because tremendous amounts of extra heat are
    > added every summer to the
    > region as more than 2.5 million square kilometres of the Arctic Ocean
    > have been opened up to the heat of
    > the 24-hour summer sun. A warmer Arctic Ocean not only takes much longer
    > to re-freeze, it emits huge volumes of additional heat energy into the
    > atmosphere, disrupting the weather patterns of the northern hemisphere,
    > scientists have now confirmed.
    >
    > http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/09/20-2

    Who gives a shit? The world will end in December of 2012.
    As predicted by the Mayan calendar.

    richard, Sep 20, 2010

  2. richard

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:51:41 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:03:53 +0000 (UTC), §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> More for the Flat Earthers and Deniers to piss & moan about.
    >> Reality *does* have a liberal bias :)
    >>
    >> UXBRIDGE, Canada - The carbon dioxide emissions from burning such fossil
    >> fuels have now melted the Arctic sea ice to its lowest volume since
    >> before
    >> the rise of human civilisation and dangerously upsetting the energy
    >> balance of the entire planet, climate scientists are reporting.
    >> "The Arctic sea ice has reached its four lowest summer extents (area
    >> covered) in the last four years," said
    >> Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in the
    >> U.S. city of Boulder, Colorado.
    >> The volume - extent and thickness - of ice left in the Arctic likely
    >> reached the lowest ever level this month,
    >> Serreze told IPS.
    >> "I stand by my previous statements that the Arctic summer sea ice cover
    >> is in a death spiral. It's not going
    >> to recover," he said.
    >> There can be no recovery because tremendous amounts of extra heat are
    >> added every summer to the
    >> region as more than 2.5 million square kilometres of the Arctic Ocean
    >> have been opened up to the heat of
    >> the 24-hour summer sun. A warmer Arctic Ocean not only takes much longer
    >> to re-freeze, it emits huge volumes of additional heat energy into the
    >> atmosphere, disrupting the weather patterns of the northern hemisphere,
    >> scientists have now confirmed.
    >>
    >> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/09/20-2

    >Who gives a shit? The world will end in December of 2012.
    >As predicted by the Mayan calendar.

    True it will end for a lot of people as it does every day for lots of
    those who die. You promise to go in Dec. of 2012. I will wait for you
    to go, then carry on as usual after the world ends for you.

    joevan, Sep 20, 2010