Re: No FIREFOX help Usenet Newsgroup ?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by johnn, Jan 8, 2009.

  1. johnn

    johnn Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 01:18:04 GMT, (Crash) wrote:

    >I scanned all of giganews.com's Usenet Newsgroups for
    >"firefox" and found nothing. I was flabbergasted!
    >If I were a wagering man, I'd have lost a paycheck.
    >
    >I did *stumble* onto these two:
    >netscape.public.mozilla.browser, alt.fan.mozilla
    >...they both give good technical help.
    >

    >...but I'm unsure they are the best NGs to get
    >Firefox help, since the product name is not mentioned,
    >and I guess "the best" one could be named anything,
    >and I wouldn't know it. Are there any others?
    >This name-vagueness also makes it tempting to
    >simply always crosspost to both. Is that cool?
    >
    >It's prolly irrational, but this coyness on
    >Mozilla's part does not inspire confidance.
    >Don't ask me why.
    >
    >Thoughts?
    >Thanks!

    Take a look at the last 50 or 100 posts in this group (alt.fan.mozilla)
    and you'll find that many, if not the majority of conversationd deal with Firefox.

    So: Ask your questions. I won't (normally) be the one to answer them, because there are people on
    this group who have forgotten more about Firefox than I'll ever know . . . .

    Good luck!

    johnn
    "God is dead"
    - Nietzsche (1844-1935)