Re: No audio in DVD playback on PC - what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hp, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. Hp

    Hp Guest

    Mitch wrote:

    > In article <>, Pressed
    > <> wrote:

    > > Hey folks: I am for the first time in my life trying to play a video
    > > DVD on my desktop PC (believe it or not). I have a commercially
    > > recorded documentary (title "King Corn") loaned from a friend, and
    > > can't get it to play properly. The problem is no sound. The video
    > > looks fine, but there's no audio output whatsoever. I've tried using
    > > Windows Mediaplayer as well as a program called Media Player Classic.
    > > Both behave pretty much the same way -- the video plays silently.

    > You're using nothing but Microsoft-oriented solutions?

    > How about trying some other DVD player software?
    > Aren't these really common (even necessary?) when using Windows?

    you might explore Power DVD, a nice player that usually works well
    right from the git-go when you install it. IT MIGHT be a good
    idea to let it be the default DVD player.

    YOU excape all the DRM hassles built into WMP.

    Hp, Apr 18, 2008