Re: NiMh voltage?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Oct 22, 2013.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, bugbear
    <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

    > I have a (old) Canon A630 camera.
    >
    > I can get very few shots/use out of a freshly charged set of
    > NiMh AA batteries, and yet when I put them in a halogen
    > bulb torch, the torch will run for hours.
    >
    > I assume it's related to voltage, not Ah capacity.

    how old are they? if they're old, especially if they weren't
    maintained, they won't hold much of a charge anymore.

    a flashlight doesn't use much current and is not a good test.

    > Do brands/models of NiMh battery vary in voltage,
    > and (if so) can anyone recommend a high(er) voltage type?

    no. they're all the same voltage, with difference mah capacities.

    replace them.
    nospam, Oct 22, 2013