Re: NiMH battery charger?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ian S, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Ian S

    Ian S Guest

    "Pike" <> wrote in message
    > I bought a "GP" nimh-nicad charger about 2 years ago and have gone

    through
    > 3 sets of NiMH aa cells in that time. They only seem to last about 50-100
    > recharges and then get hot and take far too long to load up. Does anyone
    > know if there are inferior designs in chargers or do you have to handle
    > these cells like glass? Does anyone know if there are more recent "smart
    > chargers" that massage more life out of these batteries? It's hard to
    > believe the manufacturers claim that they are good for thousands of

    cycles.
    > Thanks in advance for any light shed.

    Since Fry's Electronics regularly has 2000 mah NiMH batteries on sale at
    $4.99 for a set of four, I don't much worry if they last 50 or 500 or 5000
    cycles. ;-)
    Ian S, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Ian S

    Matt Guest

    "Ian S" <> wrote in message
    > "Pike" <> wrote in message
    > Since Fry's Electronics regularly has 2000 mah NiMH batteries on sale at
    > $4.99 for a set of four, I don't much worry if they last 50 or 500 or 5000
    > cycles. ;-)

    Seems cheap. Way too cheap. Make sure that they don't gouge you with
    shipping!
    Matt, Aug 19, 2003