Re: Nikon D90 no light meter in LV

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Apr 16, 2009.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    "Dimitris M" <> wrote:

    >Unfortunately is not a bug but it works like this. To measure the light, the
    >mirror should be down because it uses the same as normal sensor to determine
    >the exposure. For that when in Lv and the mirror is up, when you releases
    >the shutter you can hear the mirror drop, (at that time the light
    >measurement takes place) then up again to take the picture, down again as
    >long as the picture review takes place and up again ready for the next
    >shoot. That is. Is not a bug, it works like this

    Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
    cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

    Bruce, Apr 16, 2009

  2. Bruce

    Rob Morley Guest

    On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:38:31 +0100
    Bruce <> wrote:

    > Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
    > cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

    I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc. but

    I don't think it's particularly things he can't understand so much as
    things that aren't as he thinks they should be - he seems to have a
    very rigid world view, and has problems when reality doesn't match his
    preconceptions. He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
    flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
    would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
    on reality as he needs to believe that he does. Without any other
    history I'd say autistic spectrum disorder, but as he said he's had
    brain injury you'd have to consider that as at least a contributing
    factor. The brain is remarkably good at recovering from injury, in
    some cases it will re-task different areas to replace lost
    functionality, but sometimes it simply provides "appropriate"
    information without the underlying functionality, so that areas which
    rely on that information have some chance of doing their job. That
    can actually work quite well in simple familiar situations, but beyond
    that it's a lottery whether the fabricated information will match the
    actual situation that requires a response.

    Rob Morley, Apr 17, 2009

  3. Focus wrote:
    > "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    >> "Focus" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Bruce" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well, Bruce Allmighty, to stay in your way of speaking, I don't
    >>> understand you so you're a bug too. Besides, that would fit with the size
    >>> of your brain.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> ---
    >>> Focus
    >>>

    >> wow, your really good at this insult stuff aren't you
    >>
    >> so does "insulting people at a 12 year old level" come naturally to you,
    >> or did you have to study REAL hard ??
    >>

    > This asshole is stalking me, leaving all kinds of dumbshit remarks.
    > I really had to think hard to get down to his level.

    You have other choices. One is to eschew replying. Another is to stop
    your incessant x-posting.
    Those are but two of many.

    --
    lsmft

    John McWilliams, Apr 17, 2009
  4. Atheist Chaplain wrote:
    > "Focus" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I really had to think hard to get down to his level.

    > I honestly doubt that.

    LOL!

    --
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipvdBnU8F8
    - KRudd at his finest.

    "The Labour Party is corrupt beyond redemption!"
    - Labour hasbeen Mark Latham in a moment of honest clarity.

    "This is the recession we had to have!"
    - Paul Keating explaining why he gave Australia another Labour recession.

    "Silly old bugger!"
    - Well known ACTU pisspot and sometime Labour prime minister Bob Hawke
    responding to a pensioner who dared ask for more.

    "By 1990, no child will live in poverty"
    - Bob Hawke again, desperate to win another election.

    "A billion trees ..."
    - Borke, pissed as a newt again.

    "Well may we say 'God save the Queen' because nothing will save the governor
    general!"
    - Egotistical shithead and pompous fuckwit E.G. Whitlam whining about his
    appointee for Governor General John Kerr.

    Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF, Apr 17, 2009
  5. Bruce

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:53:05 +0100, Focus wrote:

    > Nobody questions the "authority" of those many self appointed reviewers,
    > that more often than not miss a lot of facts about camera's and some even
    > make completely false statements, like the well known Rob Galbraith.
    > About the Nikon D5000, he wrote:
    > "This camera isn't capable of FP High Speed Sync."
    > See, while I may have brain damage, I check the facts: Nikon states that it
    > *is* capable, up to 1/4000 sec.

    Yes, Nikon does state that, just as they stated in the D90 manual
    that it has Custom Settings Banks just like the D300, for which you
    criticized Nikon. You deride Nikon every chance you get for fairly
    inconsequential stuff, probably for the ego boost, yet you're quick
    to judge that Rob Galbraith has made "completely false statements"
    based on spec's listed by Nikon for the D5000. FYI, the D90
    supports FP flash and the D60 doesn't. The D5000 is supposed to be
    an upgrade of the D60 with some, but not all of the D90's features.
    Maybe the D5000 supports FP high-speed synch and maybe it doesn't.
    We'll find out soon enough whether the D5000 supports FP or not, but
    what we know for sure is that once again you've shot from the hip
    with another of your shaky, premature speculations. In the
    meanwhile, try to avoid mistakes or false statements of your own.

    ASAAR, Apr 17, 2009
  6. Bruce

    jdear Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Apr 17, 3:53 am, "Focus" <> wrote:
    > "Rob Morley" <> wrote in message

    > > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:38:31 +0100
    > > Bruce <> wrote:

    > >> Any item on the ever-longer list of things that Focus
    > >> cannot understand is defined as "a bug".

    > > I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc. but

    > > I don't think it's particularly things he can't understand so much as
    > > things that aren't as he thinks they should be - he seems to have a
    > > very rigid world view, and has problems when reality doesn't match his
    > > preconceptions.  He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
    > > flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
    > > would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
    > > on reality as he needs to believe that he does.  Without any other
    > > history I'd say autistic spectrum disorder, but as he said he's had
    > > brain injury you'd have to consider that as at least a contributing
    > > factor.  The brain is remarkably good at recovering from injury, in
    > > some cases it will re-task different areas to replace lost
    > > functionality, but sometimes it simply provides "appropriate"
    > > information without the underlying functionality, so that areas which
    > > rely on that information have some chance of doing their job.  That
    > > can actually work quite well in simple familiar situations, but beyond
    > > that it's a lottery whether the fabricated information will match the
    > > actual situation that requires a response.

    > Well, thank you Dr. Freud.
    > For someone who opens his post with:
    > " I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc."
    > You sure seems to "know" everything about those matters.
    >
    > What I write is things I discover about hardware or software. Most people
    > that react in some more opr less "funny" way, are not able to graps what it
    > is I'm stating. When people don't understand something, combined with a low
    > IQ ( and for the ones blessed with less than average intelligence: I don't
    > mean Image Quality), they don't ask questions, but rather draw conclusions
    > based on their own limited view of life.

    Dude, you did a wonderful job proving what Rob Morley said about you
    is accurate:

    "He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
    flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
    would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
    on reality as he needs to believe that he does."

    I bet you still won't see how YOU did that ( which is just more
    proof ).

    jdear, Apr 17, 2009
  7. Bruce

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:46:52 +0100, Focus bla bla blabbed:

    > http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25452/D5000.html
    >
    > FP high speed sync: up to 1/4000

    You're blind as a bat. I already acknowledged that. Have you no
    mental focus, my fine big-little man?

    > The rest is only your bla, bla, dude.

    Whoa, say what? Anyone who end his post with "dude" is not to be
    taken seriously...

    ASAAR, Apr 17, 2009
  8. Bruce

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:18:13 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >>> The rest is only your bla, bla, dude.

    >> Whoa, say what? Anyone who end his post with "dude" is not to be
    >> taken seriously...

    > Hey Achmed, your goat just called me. She misses you...

    Dude! As an insult, that, like, totally eats it. Your Ho-daddy
    guru, he say long time, best to go back to tossing your shoes.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ho-daddy

    ASAAR, Apr 17, 2009
  9. Bruce

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:49:41 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >>> Hey Achmed, your goat just called me. She misses you...

    >> Dude! As an insult, that, like, totally eats it. Your Ho-daddy
    >> guru, he say long time, best to go back to tossing your shoes.
    >>
    >> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ho-daddy

    > LOL! And someone here was complaining about my bad English?
    > ROFLOL!

    Your giggle's but a niggle. Aint'cha never heard of valley/surfer
    speak, dude? Did'ja check the link, photo-dad wanna-be? If you
    did, just ask and someone here will volunteer to explain it.

    > Still no job, Achmed?

    Your racist bigotry is showing. No soup for you, dude (sayeth the
    soup nazi) and probably no virgins too, of whatever species. :)
    More and more you sound like you should be wearing an ankle bracelet
    - the monitoring type that is. Pardon me, but I must be going. I
    just spied a really cute honey lamb, and she's got my goat.

    ASAAR, Apr 17, 2009
  10. Bruce

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:52:42 +0100, Focus wrote:

    >> FYI: That's not a put-down for people in wheelchairs, mind you. I used to
    >> volunteer for an organization that took the blind and paraplegic on 3-5
    >> week wilderness adventures into remote areas that even some seasoned
    >> backpackers and canoeists would hesitate to go. Portaging a wheelchair is
    >> a bitch but I always volunteered for that job for some strange reason, mostly
    >> because nobody else would take on that job. Those spokes and hardware will
    >> try to latch onto any snag 100-yards away every chance they could. Those
    >> people in wheelchairs were worth knowing. The stalking trolls living out
    >> their imaginary lives in this newsgroup are not even worth acknowledging
    >> their sadly self-inflicted useless existence.

    > Thank you.
    > I admire people that do voluntary work. Usually they're are the "non-BS"
    > kind.

    Uh, Focus m'lad, you've been gulled by "Clayton Ramsey", another
    manifestation of our Anti-DSLR sock puppet troll. Ironic because
    *he* (not real volunteers) rarely offers anything but pure BS. Read
    his reply one or two more times and see if you don't agree. Then
    again, based on your opinions of the D90, perhaps you believe that
    blind, wheelchair bound paraplegics would willingly go on 3 to 5
    week wilderness adventures into remote areas so wet and wild that
    portaging would be required. If you're not familiar with the word
    "portage" look it up. If you are, wow, you sure are gullible.

    This, by the way, is the same sock puppet troll that has said
    several times that he has taken many award winning photos and that
    he won't let the public see them (he despises the public too, not
    just DSLR users) and claims that he will have them destroyed when he
    dies to insure that the undeserving public will never be able to see
    them. You don't need or want support from weevils like that.

    ASAAR, Apr 20, 2009
  11. Bruce

    Bob Larter Guest

    Re: Focus!

    Focus wrote:
> [...]
    >>> hand at digital SLR video, at a price that's even lower than the D90."
    >>>
    >>> "Pro photographers"? Like amateurs can't buy it or wht does it mean?
    >>> Nothing! Exactly.
    >>> I can shoot holes in almost all reviews I read, yet the majority of
    >>> posters
    >>> here answer to them like sheep.
    >>> Worst of the reviewers is beggar Ken Rockwell. Reading through his
    >>> "reviews"
    >>> I get the idea of someone with ADHD on a mixture of cocaine, glue and
    >>> gasoline...
    >>>
    >>> If I find a problem with my car and put in a newsgroup a post if anybody
    >>> else has a new Jaguar that consumes a lot of oil or the heater is
    >>> defective,
    >>> they likely give me a normal answer or ask some questions.
    >>> If you put the same question here, a bunch of peoples reaction is
    >>> something
    >>> like:
    >>> It's not the car, it's the driver. A professional wouldn't have that
    >>> problem, etc.
    >>>
    >>> It says more about the quality and intellect of those people than it says
    >>> about me.

    >> Don't worry about it Focus. What is happening is that the usual pack of
    >> full-time resident pretend-photographer role-playing newsgroup trolls have
    >> decided to use you for their "fun" this time. The rest of the real
    >> photographers who sometimes read this group already know who they are and
    >> ignore them. Same stalking tactics, same armchair-photographer bullshit
    >> advice, another lost year of their miserable wasted lives.
    >>
    >> I surmise they are just sad and emotionally desperate agorophobics in
    >> wheelchairs that haven't had their colostomy bags changed recently. They
    >> have nothing better to do while living in their mommies' basements.
    >>
    >> FYI: That's not a put-down for people in wheelchairs, mind you. I used to
    >> volunteer for an organization that took the blind and paraplegic on 3-5
    >> week wilderness adventures into remote areas that even some seasoned
    >> backpackers and canoeists would hesitate to go. Portaging a wheelchair is
    >> bitch but I always volunteered for that job for some strange reason,
    >> mostly
    >> because nobody else would take on that job. Those spokes and hardware will
    >> try to latch onto any snag 100-yards away every chance they could. Those
    >> people in wheelchairs were worth knowing. The stalking trolls living out
    >> their imaginary lives in this newsgroup are not even worth acknowledging
    >> their sadly self-inflicted useless existence.

    > Thank you.
    > I admire people that do voluntary work. Usually they're are the "non-BS"
    > kind.
    > I voluntered for the fire department, but as a photographer to document the
    > things they do. I would like to be a firefighter but I have some limitations
    > that prevent me from doing that (bad back, age, fear of heights, etc.).

    I used to be scared of heights, then I had a job that required me to
    climb to the top of tall buildings no a regular basis. I got over it,
    but I still feel kind of weird on the top of tall buildings! ;^)

    PS: And a big "Hello" to Lynne Lyons, AKA "Goofy",
    who's watching this from Google Alerts!

    Bob Larter, Apr 20, 2009
  12. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Re: Focus!

    Clayton Ramsey <> wrote:

    >Don't worry about it Focus. What is happening is that the usual pack of
    >full-time resident pretend-photographer role-playing newsgroup trolls have
    >decided to use you for their "fun" this time.

    Funny how that is an unusually accurate description of
    both Focus/Sosumi and yourself.

    Have a nice day, troll.

    Bruce, Apr 20, 2009
  13. Bruce

    jdear Guest

    Re: Focus!

    On Apr 17, 11:11 am, "Focus" <> wrote:
    > "jdear" <> wrote in message

    > On Apr 17, 3:53 am, "Focus" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Rob Morley" <> wrote in message

    > > > I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc. but

    > > > I don't think it's particularly things he can't understand so much as
    > > > things that aren't as he thinks they should be - he seems to have a
    > > > very rigid world view, and has problems when reality doesn't match his
    > > > preconceptions. He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
    > > > flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
    > > > would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
    > > > on reality as he needs to believe that he does. Without any other
    > > > history I'd say autistic spectrum disorder, but as he said he's had
    > > > brain injury you'd have to consider that as at least a contributing
    > > > factor. The brain is remarkably good at recovering from injury, in
    > > > some cases it will re-task different areas to replace lost
    > > > functionality, but sometimes it simply provides "appropriate"
    > > > information without the underlying functionality, so that areas which
    > > > rely on that information have some chance of doing their job. That
    > > > can actually work quite well in simple familiar situations, but beyond
    > > > that it's a lottery whether the fabricated information will match the
    > > > actual situation that requires a response.

    > > Well, thank you Dr. Freud.
    > > For someone who opens his post with:
    > > " I'm not knowledgeable about psychology, neurophysiology etc."
    > > You sure seems to "know" everything about those matters.

    > > What I write is things I discover about hardware or software. Most people
    > > that react in some more opr less "funny" way, are not able to graps what
    > > it
    > > is I'm stating. When people don't understand something, combined with a
    > > low
    > > IQ ( and for the ones blessed with less than average intelligence: I don't
    > > mean Image Quality), they don't ask questions, but rather draw conclusions
    > > based on their own limited view of life.

    > Dude, you did a wonderful job proving what Rob Morley said about you
    > is accurate:
    >
    > "He has to dismiss or ignore anyone who points out his
    > flawed reasoning, because accepting that they may have valid views
    > would effectively be an admission that he doesn't have as firm a grip
    > on reality as he needs to believe that he does."
    >
    > I bet you still won't see how YOU did that ( which is just more
    > proof ).
    >
    > Anyone who starts his post with "Dude" is not to be taken seriously...
    >
    > --
    > ---
    > Focus

    I was trying to reach down to your level, apparently I didn't go
    down far enough. Do I need to speak ebonics to you?

    And you might want to learn how to correctly usenet quote someone.

    jdear, Apr 21, 2009
  14. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Re: Focus!

    SoShinethTheIdiotASSAR <> wrote:

    >You really need to get out of your basement

    Perhaps you should just crawl back under your stone, and stay there.

    Have a nice day.

    Bruce, Apr 22, 2009
  15. Re: Focus!

    On 04/17/09 17:48, ASAAR wrote:
    > On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:49:41 +0100, Focus wrote:
    >:::um, yes....well...let's just say 'content stipuluated'::::

    This thread is a scream. It's like someone shouted 'Fragile' at a
    Baggage Handler's Convention at O'Hare.

    I"ve been forever amazed at the vitriol that can develop among
    people who come together with common interests. I saw it in Radio
    clubs. I saw it in Auto clubs. (Just MENTION Chapman at a Ferrari
    Club meeting....I dare you.) Pilots are nearly as bad, though they
    tend to remain a lot calmer about things when they're at the airport.

    And it always starts the same way: Someone offers a contrary
    opinion, and tags it with a personal dismissal. Usually over some
    choice of language. And then the shooting war starts. And the
    usefulness of the group ends.

    C'mon, folks. There's a lot of useful knowledge and experience,
    here. I've been shooting since grammar school. Only recently have I
    done anything with it, and have found the opinions and experience in
    this group useful in turning what was once a take-it-or-leave-it
    hobby into a nice sideline business doing something I really enjoy.
    If someone's experience is different than mine, great. I've missed
    something. I can turn that into a new skill, and ultimately new
    revenue. The need for bitterness doesn't apply. If I can pass along
    something of my own, great again. More photographers, as in most
    freelance businesses, ultimately creates more work.

    And if someone gets pissy and a thread like this erupts with
    accusations flying, name calling sprayed, and abject dismissals
    scattered like dog droppings on a lawn, that's even better. Not only
    can I be amused, but while you're hammering each other over who's
    called who 'dude,' and who or who isn't the Nikon Whore, you're
    spraying the screen with tiny details about how you're better than
    the next guy, and WHY you're better than the next guy, and I'm
    walking away with all the tricks and techniques that come up on the
    screen, and applying them to my photography, and then going after
    YOUR clients with a much more fun attitude, using your own signature
    styles.

    Carry on. You're going to make me rich.

    Like I said...a scream.

    D. Peter Maus, Apr 30, 2009