    accustomed to my Nikon FE film camera and my Canon Powershot tourist
    snapshot camera. Thanks again for the info and the instruction.

    , Jan 3, 2008

  2. Brian Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:49:47 GMT, wrote:

    >Thanks so much to all who responded to my query about my Nikon D80 taking
    >dark flash photos. You were all tremendously helpful. I'm probably just
    >accustomed to my Nikon FE film camera and my Canon Powershot tourist
    >snapshot camera. Thanks again for the info and the instruction.

    I have a D80 in which everything comes out dark also, and that's on 3 different monitors. Maybe my
    FE2 and F3 spoiled me but every chrome I ever shot on those camera's came out properly exposed,
    unlike my D80. Maybe Nikon should rethink their metering strategy. What's the sense of having an
    "Auto" mode if it's worthless...... I didn't buy it to fuss with every exposure. I'm wondering if
    the Canon's and the Pentax's shoot everything underexposed like the Nikons..........

    Brian

    Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!

    Brian, Jan 3, 2008