Re: Nikon D5000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PDM, Apr 15, 2009.

  1. PDM

    PDM Guest

    PDM, Apr 15, 2009

  2. PDM

    Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:56:31 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "PDM"
    <pdcm99[deletethisbit]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    >Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
    >the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
    >improvements, if any, there are?

    I don't believe the reduction in viewfinder magnification from 0.94
    to 0.78 can be considered an upgrade.

    , Apr 15, 2009

  3. PDM

    nospam Guest

    In article <49e5cb72$>, PDM
    <pdcm99[deletethisbit]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    > Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
    > the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
    > improvements, if any, there are?

    it's an upgrade for the d60, not the d90.

    nospam, Apr 15, 2009
  4. PDM

    PDM Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > In article <49e5cb72$>, PDM
    > <pdcm99[deletethisbit]@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and
    >> not
    >> the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
    >> improvements, if any, there are?

    > it's an upgrade for the d60, not the d90.

    Thanks for putting me right. As the price is pitched around the same price
    as a D90 (got my D90 body for £562, new) I assumed it was a replacement for
    this model. So having only just bought it, I'm relieved; hate buying stuff
    that gets replaced only weeks away.
    PDM

    PDM, Apr 15, 2009
  5. PDM

    measekite Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:56:31 +0100, PDM wrote:

    > "Focus" <> wrote in message
    >> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=31583013
    >>
    >> http://www.sofmap.com/product_detail/exec/_/sku=11190059/-/gid=AW03010200
    >>
    >> 2.7 swivel screen
    >>
    >> Price about 650 ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> ---
    >> Focus

    > Strange thing is, it appears to be a replacement/upgrade to the D90 and not
    > the D300 which at least some of us were expecting. Wonder what real
    > improvements, if any, there are?
    > PDM

    It appears to be a downgrade to the D90 in many respects. While it has an
    articulating LCD (nice) the resolution and size is found lacking.

    measekite, Apr 15, 2009