Re: Nikon D5000 Recalled

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SPAM.WATCH, Aug 13, 2009.

  1. SPAM.WATCH

    SPAM.WATCH Guest

    ""Frédérique & Her" "vé Sainct"" <> wrote in
    message news:1j4c2fv.9bjixh1bcg4f6N%...
    >C J Campbell <> wrote:
    >

    > http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/D5000-Ser
    > vice-Advisory.page
    >
    > The related page doesn't accept customer addresses outside US: does
    > anyone here know about a similar entry for european-bought cameras?
    >
    > ...To add stress, my serial # indeed is worth returning :-/

    It's a Service Advisory, not a product recall. Just because your serial
    number is within the range doesn't mean your camera is affected. There is
    little point in returning a camera that doesn't show the problem. Most
    dealers won't return or exchange based on a serial number on a list unless
    it was a recall

    http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/D5000-Service-Advisory.page

    Canada:

    https://www.nikon.ca/en/SerialCheck.aspx

    Europe:

    http://advisory.nikonrepair.eu/language_select.aspx
    SPAM.WATCH, Aug 13, 2009

  2. <> wrote:

    > It's a Service Advisory, not a product recall. Just because your serial
    > number is within the range doesn't mean your camera is affected. There is
    > little point in returning a camera that doesn't show the problem. Most
    > dealers won't return or exchange based on a serial number on a list unless
    > it was a recall
    >
    > http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/D5000-Servi
    > ce-Advisory.page
    >
    > Canada:
    >
    > https://www.nikon.ca/en/SerialCheck.aspx
    >
    > Europe:
    >
    > http://advisory.nikonrepair.eu/language_select.aspx

    Thanks!
    it seems my dealer confirms I can bring it back to him... I'll check
    next week

    H.

    --
    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct, [fr,es,en,it]
    Frédérique's initial is missing in front of the above address
    Frédérique & Hervé Sainct, Aug 15, 2009