Re: Nikon D100: 2 lenses for travel?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Wiss, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:22:06 -0600, mikey2 <mikey2@this_newsgroup> wrote:

    >If you had to limit yourself to 2 lenses for travel, what would you
    >choose?

    I find when I travel I use wide angle lens, and never use telephoto lens.

    Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    Don Wiss, Jul 12, 2003

  2. "Don Wiss" <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:22:06 -0600, mikey2 <mikey2@this_newsgroup> wrote:
    >
    > >If you had to limit yourself to 2 lenses for travel, what would you
    > >choose?

    > I find when I travel I use wide angle lens, and never use telephoto lens.
    >
    > Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    I have the Nikkor AF-S 12~24mm f4 G IF DX and I'm very happy with it so far.
    You can see a series of shots taken with this lens on a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro
    at the following link -
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/photos/main.html

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Don Wiss

    max Guest

    > > >If you had to limit yourself to 2 lenses for travel, what would you
    > > >choose?

    > > I find when I travel I use wide angle lens, and never use telephoto lens.
    > >
    > > Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

    > I have the Nikkor AF-S 12~24mm f4 G IF DX and I'm very happy with it so far.
    > You can see a series of shots taken with this lens on a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro
    > at the following link -
    > http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/photos/main.html
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alan

    Wow, no flare with direct sun, think I'll get one and skip my14mm,
    even if it means loosing one f.stop. Impressive pictures.
    -max-

    max, Jul 12, 2003
  4. "Michael Schnell" <> wrote in message
    > >I have the Nikkor AF-S 12~24mm f4 G IF DX and I'm very happy with it so

    far.

    > Is this the "digital only" thingy ? If yes, Is it much cheaper than a
    > similar lens for 35 mm film/sensor ?
    >
    > -Michael
    >
    > -Michael Schnell, Krefeld, Germany,
    > mailto:

    Yes the lens is a DX (digital) model, but seems to work okay without
    aperture priorty mode available on my older Nikon F70 film camera. In
    program mode the camera defaults the lens to f8, but it is adjustable using
    the thumbwheel control on the camera body from f4 to f22. AF works okay too
    on the F70 and the minumum focal length the lens can be set to before
    vignetting occurs is about 17mm on the F70.

    I paid AU$2200 for the lens which is about AU$400 below Nikon's rrp at the
    time of its initial release here in Australia. It performs very well on the
    Fuji FinePix S2 Pro DSLR. I've yet to have the film processed from the F70.
    I'll post a comment back here later if anyone is interested.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Rutlidge, Jul 12, 2003