Re: Nikon Coolpix 990 - image problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ransley, May 7, 2010.

  1. ransley

    ransley Guest

    On May 6, 8:06 pm, Mothman <> wrote:
    > Problem!  Have images on a 512 compact flash disk but can only view the
    > images on the in-camera screen.  I can't download to any device/folder
    > for printing and I really need the images for an insurance claim.  any
    > help/advice would be appreciated.  I have used this disc for some time
    > and have never encountered this problem.  Thanks, Bill in NC

    Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

    ransley, May 7, 2010

  2. ransley

    me Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2010 06:54:03 -0700 (PDT), ransley
    <> wrote:

    >On May 6, 8:06 pm, Mothman <> wrote:
    >> Problem!  Have images on a 512 compact flash disk but can only view the
    >> images on the in-camera screen.  I can't download to any device/folder
    >> for printing and I really need the images for an insurance claim.  any
    >> help/advice would be appreciated.  I have used this disc for some time
    >> and have never encountered this problem.  Thanks, Bill in NC

    >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

    The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
    device.

    me, May 7, 2010

  3. ransley

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, me
    <> wrote:

    > >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

    > The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
    > device.

    no it doesn't require a driver at all.

    nospam, May 7, 2010
  4. ransley

    me Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:28:51 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, me
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

    >> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
    >> device.

    >no it doesn't require a driver at all.

    http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1

    What's included in the download

    "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
    and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
    Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
    for communication to a Windows system.

    me, May 7, 2010
  5. ransley

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, me
    <> wrote:

    > >> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
    > >> device.

    > >no it doesn't require a driver at all.

    > http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1
    >
    > What's included in the download
    >
    > "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
    > and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
    > Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
    > for communication to a Windows system.

    oh, it's a windows problem.

    get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
    too.

    nospam, May 7, 2010
  6. ransley

    me Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:53:59 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >> >no it doesn't require a driver at all.

    >> http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1
    >>
    >> What's included in the download
    >>
    >> "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
    >> and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
    >> Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
    >> for communication to a Windows system.

    >oh, it's a windows problem.
    >
    >get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
    >too.

    Just use a card reader That's what I did from the day I bought mine
    now one month short of ten years ago. I still use it at work for it's
    macro capability and where the rotating headand flash allow it to take
    shots which are much more difficult using other cameras.

    me, May 7, 2010
  7. ransley

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, me
    <> wrote:

    > Just use a card reader

    that also works.

    > That's what I did from the day I bought mine
    > now one month short of ten years ago. I still use it at work for it's
    > macro capability and where the rotating headand flash allow it to take
    > shots which are much more difficult using other cameras.

    mine is just over ten years old. the first photos are dated may 3, 2000.

    nospam, May 7, 2010