Re: Next Year, UK ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jul 6, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/6/2011 11:15 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "bugbear"<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
    >> Savageduck wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Also, around the end of June there is the Goodwood Festival of Speed to
    >>> consider. That is a weekend worth considering for anybody with an
    >>> interest in historic racing cars.

    >> You trying to make him deaf as well as blind ?!
    >>
    >> BugBear

    > I took in the Indy last year in Edmonton. It was quite a time.
    >
    > Closest thing to a complete sensory overload I've ever experienced...

    We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front row,
    complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload. It took
    almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 6, 2011

  2. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:13:07 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/6/2011 11:15 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >> "bugbear"<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message

    >>> You trying to make him deaf as well as blind ?!
    >>>
    >>> BugBear

    >> I took in the Indy last year in Edmonton. It was quite a time.
    >>
    >> Closest thing to a complete sensory overload I've ever experienced...
    >>

    >We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front row,
    >complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload. It took
    >almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    I have a college friend and fraternity brother who played keyboard and
    piano for Neil Diamond. When Diamond played here, my friend provided
    VIP seating tickets for my wife and me. We were seated very near a
    speaker the size of a barn. I think some dental fillings came loose.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2011

  3. PeterN

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:28:11 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2011-07-06 10:13:07 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2011 11:15 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> "bugbear"<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message

    >>> I took in the Indy last year in Edmonton. It was quite a time.
    >>>
    >>> Closest thing to a complete sensory overload I've ever experienced...
    >>>

    >> We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front row,
    >> complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload. It took
    >> almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    >There is always a solution.
    >< http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.html >

    I would have preferred CONTROL's "Cone of Silence" at the Neil Diamond
    concert.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2011
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/6/2011 1:28 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2011-07-06 10:13:07 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2011 11:15 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> "bugbear"<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message

    >>> I took in the Indy last year in Edmonton. It was quite a time.
    >>>
    >>> Closest thing to a complete sensory overload I've ever experienced...
    >>>

    >> We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front
    >> row, complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload.
    >> It took almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    > There is always a solution.
    > < http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.html >

    Now you tell me! Why didn't you tell me about that twenty five years ago.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 6, 2011
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/6/2011 1:45 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:13:07 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/6/2011 11:15 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> "bugbear"<bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message

    >>> I took in the Indy last year in Edmonton. It was quite a time.
    >>>
    >>> Closest thing to a complete sensory overload I've ever experienced...
    >>>

    >> We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front row,
    >> complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload. It took
    >> almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    > I have a college friend and fraternity brother who played keyboard and
    > piano for Neil Diamond. When Diamond played here, my friend provided
    > VIP seating tickets for my wife and me. We were seated very near a
    > speaker the size of a barn. I think some dental fillings came loose.

    When we go to any affair, we try to get seated as far from the band as
    possible. If we aren't close enough with the people inviting us to make
    the request, we decline the invitation.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 6, 2011
  6. Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:45:33 -0400, tony cooper
    > <> wrote:

    >>On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:13:07 -0400, PeterN
    >><> wrote:

    >>>We were "treated" to the VIP seats at a Beach Boys concert. (Front row,
    >>>complete with complimentary drinks.) that was sensory overload. It took
    >>>almost a week until I got my hearing back.

    >>I have a college friend and fraternity brother who played keyboard and
    >>piano for Neil Diamond. When Diamond played here, my friend provided
    >>VIP seating tickets for my wife and me. We were seated very near a
    >>speaker the size of a barn. I think some dental fillings came loose.

    > Many years ago 'Dr' Leak (of Leak amplifier fame - if you are that
    > old) gave a demonstration in the Royal Festival Hall in London.

    > He set up some speakers and amplifiers on the stage and also a large
    > meter displaying the sound pressure level. He then had someone play
    > the organ and noted how loudly it played.
    > http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/minisites/organinfo/
    > He then played back a recording he had just made of the performance
    > and adjusted the amplifier until he had reached the same sound
    > pressure level as the original. The power meter which was part of the
    > setup showed that he could do this with only 12 watts. (It may have
    > been his TL12 amplifier).

    > Part of the secret of the low power requirement was that he used large
    > and efficient speakers but - 12 watts!

    Was he not using very high efficiency horn loaded speakers? Very
    expensive to build. Nobody bothers with them these days, because high
    quality amplifier power has become so cheap. That's the main reason
    for today's high wattage levels.

    --
    Chris Malcolm
    Chris Malcolm, Jul 18, 2011