Re: NEX-7 Dpreview, GLOSS over the noise!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MG, Dec 14, 2011.

  1. MG

    MG Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > Unfortuntely, despite the fact the camera appears to be superb from most
    > angles, you can't hide the noise. It's plain at 400 ISO and up. The NEX-
    > 5N arguably has better image quality from that standpoint and you have to
    > wonder if the slight improvement in linear resolution is worth the noise
    > trade-off. At low ISO (under 200 where then noise isn't too visible) the
    > camera is great.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/page26.asp

    The conclusion page
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/page28.asp
    has this summary:
    "The NEX-7's image quality is difficult to fault. The 24MP sensor is capable
    of recording huge amounts of detail (just as long as your lens can deliver
    it), while also offering excellent high ISO performance for low light work,
    with quite useable results up to ISO 6400."

    --
    MG

    MG, Dec 14, 2011

  2. MG

    RichA Guest

    On Dec 14, 2:17 am, "MG" <> wrote:
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > > Unfortuntely, despite the fact the camera appears to be superb from most
    > > angles, you can't hide the noise.  It's plain at 400 ISO and up.  The NEX-
    > > 5N arguably has better image quality from that standpoint and you have to
    > > wonder if the slight improvement in linear resolution is worth the noise
    > > trade-off.  At low ISO (under 200 where then noise isn't too visible)the
    > > camera is great.

    > >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/page26.asp

    > The conclusion pagehttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/page28.asp
    > has this summary:
    > "The NEX-7's image quality is difficult to fault. The 24MP sensor is capable
    > of recording huge amounts of detail (just as long as your lens can deliver
    > it), while also offering excellent high ISO performance for low light work,
    > with quite useable results up to ISO 6400."
    >
    > --
    > MG

    I don't like their idea about downsizing to match the 5N as a way of
    comparing noise, or vice-versa. Yes, it can be done, but people don't
    buy a camera to convert it's images into those from a lesser model.

    RichA, Dec 14, 2011

  3. MG

    android Guest

    In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > On Dec 14, 2:17 am, "MG" <> wrote:
    > > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    ---
    > > The conclusion pagehttp://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonynex7/page28.asp
    > > has this summary:
    > > "The NEX-7's image quality is difficult to fault. The 24MP sensor is capable
    > > of recording huge amounts of detail (just as long as your lens can deliver
    > > it), while also offering excellent high ISO performance for low light work,
    > > with quite useable results up to ISO 6400."
    > >
    > > --
    > > MG

    > I don't like their idea about downsizing to match the 5N as a way of
    > comparing noise, or vice-versa. Yes, it can be done, but people don't
    > buy a camera to convert it's images into those from a lesser model.

    Whatever! ;-/

    If you downsize the NEX-7 the DPR image to 75% using zoom tool in
    Firefox you get sharper pictures than and with comparable noise to
    NEX-c3. The Luminous Landscape reviewer came to the same conclusion.
    Doing it more properly in some photo editor.

    --
    moved files are either renamed or copied and destroyed

    android, Dec 14, 2011
  4. MG

    android Guest

    In article <jcakss$2v4s$>,
    android <> wrote:

    > In article
    > <>,
    > RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Dec 14, 2:17 am, "MG" <> wrote:
    > > > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    Whatever! ;-/

    If you downsize the NEX-7 the DPR image to 75% using the zoom tool in
    Firefox you get sharper pictures than and with comparable noise to the
    NEX-c3. The Luminous Landscape reviewer came to the same conclusion.
    Doing it more properly with some photo editor.

    --
    moved files are either renamed or copied and destroyed

    android, Dec 14, 2011