    alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the info
    they can provide.

    Thanks Ron.

    Waitoki, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Waitoki

    Mellowed Guest

    You can start here. http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

    There are other news group services. I just don't have the information.

    "Waitoki" <> wrote in message
    : I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his
    ISP does
    : not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
    :
    : I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via
    my
    : ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an

    Mellowed, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Try one of the web based group providers like google.

    Another option might be that if his ISP won't provide a service then vote
    with his feet and change ISP's

    Bibble Babble, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Try one of the web based group providers like google.

    Bibble Babble, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Waitoki

    Joe Lee Guest

    "Waitoki" <> wrote in message
    > I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

    does
    > not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
    >
    > I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
    > ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
    > alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

    info
    > they can provide.
    >
    > Thanks Ron.

    Your friend could stay with the existing ISP (although I'm not sure why
    they'd want to with that attitude), & use news.individual.net for
    newsgroups. It's a free service & can be used with whichever ISP you're
    signed up with. Info here:
    http://news.individual.net/

    HTH
    Joe Lee

    Joe Lee, Jul 17, 2004
  6. "Waitoki" <> wrote in message
    > I have been asked by a friend about newsgroups......Apparantly his ISP

    does
    > not "carry" them as they say there is no demand......
    >
    > I would like to help him but I am a dumbie ..I get my newsgroups via my
    > ISP.........Does one's ISP have to carry Newsgroups or is there an
    > alternative method one can use to take advantage of newsgroups and the

    info
    > they can provide.
    >
    > Thanks Ron.

    http://groups.google.co.nz