Re: Newsgroup filters

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Jan 29, 2010.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:27:11 -0600, Jim wrote:

    > hello... I am using outlook express to view news groups....

    LOL!!! ROFL!! Wanker.

    > filters a lot as some groups constantly post Off Topic so I create rules
    > from postings such as 'Where the subject line says OT delete the
    > thread" and that has been working great... However when I post something
    > on a NG and I use a phrase such as the word 'other" in the subject line
    > , it will not show my post because OT is part of the word 'other"...is
    > there a way around this?...thanks...Jim

    Yes. Quit using Outhouse Excuse and use a real newsreader. Filtering
    such as you describe is trivial at that point.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 29, 2010

  2. Dan C

    Respondant Guest

    Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:27:11 -0600, Jim wrote:
    >
    >> hello... I am using outlook express to view news groups....

    > LOL!!! ROFL!! Wanker.
    >
    >> filters a lot as some groups constantly post Off Topic so I create
    >> rules from postings such as 'Where the subject line says OT delete
    >> the thread" and that has been working great... However when I post
    >> something on a NG and I use a phrase such as the word 'other" in the
    >> subject line , it will not show my post because OT is part of the
    >> word 'other"...is there a way around this?...thanks...Jim

    > Yes. Quit using Outhouse Excuse and use a real newsreader. Filtering
    > such as you describe is trivial at that point.

    Yeah. I told him that about a half hour ago. Get a better server. And
    speaking of wankers ....good to see you're recovering from that "Format C:"
    fetish you, and you alone, constantly jacked-off to for the past year or so.
    Keep up the good work.
    Respondant, Jan 29, 2010

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:14:45 -0500, Respondant wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:27:11 -0600, Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello... I am using outlook express to view news groups....

    >> LOL!!! ROFL!! Wanker.
    >>
    >>> filters a lot as some groups constantly post Off Topic so I create
    >>> rules from postings such as 'Where the subject line says OT delete
    >>> the thread" and that has been working great... However when I post
    >>> something on a NG and I use a phrase such as the word 'other" in the
    >>> subject line , it will not show my post because OT is part of the word
    >>> 'other"...is there a way around this?...thanks...Jim

    >> Yes. Quit using Outhouse Excuse and use a real newsreader. Filtering
    >> such as you describe is trivial at that point.

    > Yeah. I told him that about a half hour ago.

    Uh-huh. And yet...

    ROFL!

    > speaking of wankers ....good to see you're recovering from that "Format
    > C:" fetish you, and you alone, constantly jacked-off to for the past
    > year or so. Keep up the good work.

    Fetish? Not hardly.

    Bugger off, dimwit.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 29, 2010
  4. Dan C

    Jordon Guest

    Respondant wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:27:11 -0600, Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello... I am using outlook express to view news groups....

    >> LOL!!! ROFL!! Wanker.
    >>
    >>> filters a lot as some groups constantly post Off Topic so I create
    >>> rules from postings such as 'Where the subject line says OT delete
    >>> the thread" and that has been working great... However when I post
    >>> something on a NG and I use a phrase such as the word 'other" in the
    >>> subject line , it will not show my post because OT is part of the
    >>> word 'other"...is there a way around this?...thanks...Jim

    >> Yes. Quit using Outhouse Excuse and use a real newsreader. Filtering
    >> such as you describe is trivial at that point.

    > Yeah. I told him that about a half hour ago. Get a better server.

    Server? A newsreader is not a server, it's a client. His server
    is Giganews or an ISP that uses it.

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, Jan 29, 2010
  5. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:00:28 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > Respondant wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> LOL!!! ROFL!! Wanker.

    >>> Yes. Quit using Outhouse Excuse and use a real newsreader. Filtering
    >>> such as you describe is trivial at that point.

    >> Yeah. I told him that about a half hour ago. Get a better server.

    > Server? A newsreader is not a server, it's a client. His server is
    > Giganews or an ISP that uses it.

    Wrong, doofus. I do not use Giganews or an ISP's Usenet server.

    Bugger off.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 29, 2010
  6. Dan C

    Jordon Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:00:28 -0800, Jordon wrote:
    >
    >> Respondant wrote:

    >>> Yeah. I told him that about a half hour ago. Get a better server.

    >> Server? A newsreader is not a server, it's a client. His server is
    >> Giganews or an ISP that uses it.

    > Wrong, doofus. I do not use Giganews or an ISP's Usenet server.
    >
    > Bugger off.

    Doofus? Who the **** uses the word doofus besides a complete
    moron? I refuse to apologize to morons but now that i re-read
    Respondant's message I see that he was telling you to get a
    better server, not the OP. In any event, ****** *you*.
    Jordon, Jan 29, 2010
  7. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:00:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:

    >>> Server? A newsreader is not a server, it's a client. His server is
    >>> Giganews or an ISP that uses it.

    >> Wrong, doofus. I do not use Giganews or an ISP's Usenet server.
    >>
    >> Bugger off.

    > Doofus? Who the **** uses the word doofus besides a complete moron? I
    > refuse to apologize to morons but now that i re-read Respondant's
    > message I see that he was telling you to get a better server, not the
    > OP.

    I bet you have to read nearly everything twice, before you can grasp what
    was said, eh?

    Like I said, "doofus".

    > In any event, ****** *you*.

    Sorry, that's not likely to happen, dingus.

    Bugger off.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.
    Dan C, Jan 29, 2010