Re: Newsgroup etiquette

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slylittlei, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. slylittlei

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: peace to all stated for the record...
    > Who does one complain to about terroristic threats being made in a
    > newsgroup, if the person's ISP drags their feet or chooses to ignore
    > your e-mail to them with the details?
    >
    > In other words, who else can you contact about it?
    >
    > There is a sociopath on the loose in an NG that needs to be reeled
    > in. Kill filing isn't enough.

    I'm pretty new to this /myself/, but it seems to me the best you can do
    (apart from an abuse report if you consider it justified) is to consign them
    to the Hell of everlasting Damnation that is your *bin* - If enough people
    do that, as they surely will, if the poster you refer to is that bad,
    they'll eventually get fed up & bugger off... ;-)
    Myself, I worry more about the sociopaths in the /real/ world...
    slylittlei, Jul 13, 2003