Re: News outbox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. Tony Raven wrote:
    > I seem to have got a outgoing Usenet message stuck in the system
    > somewhere so that every time I do a Send and Receive I get a pop-up
    > telling me:
    >
    > A news (NNTP) error occurred: posting failed.
    >
    > Clearing that gives me another box saying the message couldn't be posted
    > because the news server failed.
    >
    > The only problem is AFAIK TB does not have an Outbox where I can go and
    > simply delete the problem message and there is no evidence of any
    > message existing e.g. there is no Send Later folder. So any ideas as to
    > how I can clear the invisible "Outbox" and get rid of this message?
    >
    > Thanks

    I get that a lot, and its usually a problem with the
    news server. However, when I look at the newsgroup, I
    see the message went anyways, but I don't have a copy
    of it in the sent/outbox folder.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 9, 2010