Re: [News] Microsoft's Most Used Software is Open Source, Created by Volunteers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office, MySQL, and many
    > | other places? The Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset.
    > |
    > | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did you know that
    > | it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
    > `----

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

    Why wait for micoshaft to 'steal' open source and sell it to you
    at a profit. Just go get it directly free - starting with GNU/Linux LiveCDs
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com
    http://www.tlm-project.org
    7, Apr 30, 2006

  2. 7

    OK Guest

    On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:30:03 GMT, 7
    <> wrote:

    >Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office, MySQL, and many
    >> | other places? The Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset.
    >> |
    >> | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did you know that
    >> | it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
    >> `----

    >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

    What's so funny? That MySQL uses a Microsoft tool to create its
    installer?
    OK, May 1, 2006

  3. 7

    thanatoid Guest

    7 <> wrote in

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=187347
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | What piece of software is used in Windows, Office,
    >> | MySQL, and many other places? The Windows Installer XML
    >> | (WiX) toolset.
    >> |
    >> | But even better, did you know it's open source? And, did
    >> | you know that it is developed by an all-volunteer team.
    >> `----

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
    >
    > Why wait for micoshaft to 'steal' open source and sell it
    > to you at a profit. Just go get it directly free - starting
    > with GNU/Linux LiveCDs http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com
    > http://www.tlm-project.org

    Well, buying DOS for 50 grand from a small company in the same
    city could be called stealing considering what profits it
    generated for M$.

    AFA the above thread, interesting. I don't use XP and I don't
    know if there are any or much differences between what you guys
    are talking about and the MSI installer - but I have a simple
    rule - if a program requires MSI to install, I just delete it
    and find a (usually better) alternative.

    --
    thanatoid-TipĀ® #11
    No one likes the truth, even if it is someone else's.
    thanatoid, May 1, 2006