Re: Newbies? - Usenet don't need no steenking newbies!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Lionel wrote:

    > Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <> stated
    > that:
    >
    > >"Henrietta K Thomas" <> wrote in message

    > [...]
    > >> It's quite clear to me that Google neither
    > >> understands or cares about Usenet. The
    > >> archive is just another way for them to make
    > >> money at our expense. :-(

    > >watch what else happens,
    > >as Usenet sits on its hands
    > >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
    > >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
    > >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* :-((

    > <sarcasm: type=extreme>
    > You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for Usenet
    > to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via unaccountable
    > kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for people to be able to
    > actually discuss boring, day to day topics without fear of online &
    > real-life harassment.
    > I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask for tips
    > on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first arranging
    > for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an anonymised identity, &
    > school them on how to avoid giving away so much as a hint of their real
    > life? Hell, if they're not prepared to expend a hundred times the effort
    > required to sign up for a web forum, then by god, they're just not good
    > enough for *my* Usenet!
    > And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have the
    > *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing in the
    > middle of the night because some harmless prankster has posted a 'for
    > sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it! Thank god that the
    > operators of these services have the moral strength to tell these whiny
    > idiots what they can do with their stupid complaints!
    > And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny side of
    > posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique their
    > photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn concealed with a
    > Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one of those hilarious
    > practical jokes that will keep on entertaining people for years in the
    > future - any time a potential client does a Google search on the
    > photographer who's bidding on a job for them. Hilarious!
    > Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers & newbies, &
    > we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet all to
    > ourselves!
    > </sarcasm>

    *You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself and
    *you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group that will
    put up with you.

    Now, you want Google to change policy affecting millions of users
    because *one* troll got under poor widdle Lionel's skin.

    http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

    From: Lionel <>
    Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.policy
    Subject: Re: [Request for comments] Proposed methods for minimising
    abuse from anonymous gateways.
    Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:03:25 +0000 (UTC)

    There is a *reason* why people have been increasingly abandoning Usenet
    for web-fora, et al, & this sort of crap is a major part of it. I've
    even considered it myself, & I'm a hardcore news-junkie. The levels of
    personal, professional, & RL harassment people have been receiving in
    rec.photo.* have been truly mind-boggling, & I'm astounded that nobody
    has yet launched legal action against Google, the mail2news gateways or
    their peers.

    -------
    / \
    / \ /-----\
    | (@) | | SnuH |
    | (O) | \_ ___/
    | / | ||
    | \ /_ / //
    \ \____/ / /
    \ /
    \_____,

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=, Jul 15, 2004

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=

    Wilbur Guest

    ± <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Lionel wrote:
    > >
    > > Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <> stated
    > > that:
    > >
    > > >"Henrietta K Thomas" <> wrote in message

    > [...]
    > > >
    > > >watch what else happens,
    > > >as Usenet sits on its hands
    > > >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
    > > >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
    > > >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* :-((

    > > <sarcasm: type=extreme>
    > > You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for Usenet
    > > to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via unaccountable
    > > kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for people to be able to
    > > actually discuss boring, day to day topics without fear of online &
    > > real-life harassment.
    > > I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask for tips
    > > on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first arranging
    > > for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an anonymised identity, &
    > > school them on how to avoid giving away so much as a hint of their real
    > > life? Hell, if they're not prepared to expend a hundred times the effort
    > > required to sign up for a web forum, then by god, they're just not good
    > > enough for *my* Usenet!
    > > And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have the
    > > *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing in the
    > > middle of the night because some harmless prankster has posted a 'for
    > > sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it! Thank god that the
    > > operators of these services have the moral strength to tell these whiny
    > > idiots what they can do with their stupid complaints!
    > > And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny side of
    > > posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique their
    > > photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn concealed with a
    > > Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one of those hilarious
    > > practical jokes that will keep on entertaining people for years in the
    > > future - any time a potential client does a Google search on the
    > > photographer who's bidding on a job for them. Hilarious!
    > > Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers & newbies, &
    > > we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet all to
    > > ourselves!
    > > </sarcasm>

    > *You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself and
    > *you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group that will
    > put up with you.

    None of those groups are putting up with him. He is being plonked left
    and right. :))))))

    --
    WW

    .------,
    =\ \
    .---. =\ \
    | WB \ =\ \
    | `----------'------'----------,
    .' .-.The Wright Brotherz .-.[]`-.
    \ _/.____|_|______.------,______|_|_____)
    / /
    =/ /
    =/ /
    =/ /
    /_____,'

    Wilbur, Jul 16, 2004

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=

    Soapy Guest

    ± <> wrote in

    > Lionel wrote:
    >>
    >> Kibo informs me that "Steve Young" <>
    >> stated that:
    >>
    >> >"Henrietta K Thomas" <> wrote in message

    >> [...]
    >> >
    >> >watch what else happens,
    >> >as Usenet sits on its hands
    >> >(picking their noses, scratching their bottoms,
    >> >rationalizing porno trolls as free speech)
    >> >*scram* newbies *SCAT!* *gidouttahere!* :-((

    >> <sarcasm: type=extreme>
    >> You betcha - because we all know how vitally important it is for
    >> Usenet to be a safe place for free, anonymous speech via
    >> unaccountable kook-servers & corporate behemoths than it is for
    >> people to be able to actually discuss boring, day to day topics
    >> without fear of online & real-life harassment.
    >> I mean, what kind of naive *fool* would come to Usenet to ask
    >> for tips
    >> on which digital camera would suit their needs, without first
    >> arranging for a Usenet expert to carefully craft them an
    >> anonymised identity, & school them on how to avoid giving away so
    >> much as a hint of their real life? Hell, if they're not prepared
    >> to expend a hundred times the effort required to sign up for a
    >> web forum, then by god, they're just not good enough for *my*
    >> Usenet!
    >> And if that's not bad enough, these pampered lightweights have
    >> the
    >> *audacity* to actually *complain* when their phone starts ringing
    >> in the middle of the night because some harmless prankster has
    >> posted a 'for sale' ad with their name & home phone number in it!
    >> Thank god that the operators of these services have the moral
    >> strength to tell these whiny idiots what they can do with their
    >> stupid complaints!
    >> And surely /any/ professional photographer would see the funny
    >> side of
    >> posts with their full, RL name on them, asking people to critique
    >> their photos - which then turn out to be hardcore gay porn
    >> concealed with a Tinyurl link? *chuckle* Best of all, that's one
    >> of those hilarious practical jokes that will keep on entertaining
    >> people for years in the future - any time a potential client
    >> does a Google search on the photographer who's bidding on a job
    >> for them. Hilarious!
    >> Gah! - I'll be *glad* when we're rid of those damn lusers &
    >> newbies, &
    >> we battle-scarred Usenet flame-war veterans *finally* have Usenet
    >> all to ourselves!
    >> </sarcasm>

    > *You* brought on all the trouble at rec.photo.digital by yourself
    > and *you* are the one whining through every news* and abuse group
    > that will put up with you.

    Lionel's trying to blame everyone else for his problems.

    > Now, you want Google to change policy affecting millions of users
    > because *one* troll got under poor widdle Lionel's skin.

    He wants to control usenet.

    --

    Soapy, Jul 17, 2004