Re: Newbie - Incoming OK no Outgoing

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dave Saville, Jan 3, 2009.

  1. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:26:40 UTC, Anti-Spam <> wrote:

    > Signed up with VOIPTalk and have a couple of numbers registered with
    > them, I have credit on my account, assigned to my numbers, and I have
    > a LinkSys SPA3102.
    >
    > People can use my VOIPTalk numbers to call me, and they work fine. But
    > I cannot dial out, as soon as you press the first digit of a number on
    > my handset, it comes back with, what I think is the american style
    > engaged tone.
    >
    > Only settings I have changed from the default of the SPA3102 is the
    > account settings, as specified in the VOIPTalk help guide on the
    > SPA3102.
    >
    > Any suggestions please?

    Do any of the 90* numbers work? VOIPTalk seems to need:

    Proxy server address: voiptalk.org
    Registrar server: voiptalk.org
    Outbound proxy: nat.voiptalk.org
    Outbound proxy port: 5065

    ISTR that even though my setup, not an SPA, could cope without a NAT
    proxy on other providers I needed to set it for VOIPTalk.

    HTH
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville