Re: New worm targets Windows Update

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jeff Umbach, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Jeff Umbach

    Jeff Umbach Guest

    However, you can find the patch on the security section of microsoft.com, so
    windowsupdate is not required.

    Direct link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

    The patches are near the bottom of the page and they're .exe installers, so
    you can just use those to patch your whole network rather than running a
    dozen windows updates at once.

    --
    Jeff Umbach
    "Lord Shaolin" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "donut" <> wrote in message
    > > Just saw this on CNN, and while they didn't go into much detail, Windows
    > > Update was mentioned, and that the worm's purpose is to launch a DDoS
    > > attack against microsoft.com.
    > >
    > > I don't know how you could possibly download a worm at WU, but until

    more

    Jeff Umbach, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Jeff Umbach

    Bit Twister Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:54:23 GMT, Jeff Umbach wrote:
    > However, you can find the patch on the security section of microsoft.com, so
    > windowsupdate is not required.
    >
    > Direct link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp
    >
    > The patches are near the bottom of the page and they're .exe installers, so
    > you can just use those to patch your whole network rather than running a
    > dozen windows updates at once.

    Great, help them bypass the other patches for exploits MS has not
    told us about.

    Bit Twister, Aug 15, 2003