    not expecting, even if it's from someone you know."

    Makes you wonder where some tech's heads are stored...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Thund3rstruck

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Thund3rstruck tried to scribble ...

    > °Mike° Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    > in <3f471302.30293604@localhost>:
    >
    >> W32/Mimail Virus
    >> http://www.cert.org/current/#mimail

    > <Snip decription>
    >
    > Thanks for the tip.Here's something that's sad. Yesterday, the head
    > tech had to send around a reminder "not to open attachments you are
    > not expecting, even if it's from someone you know."
    >
    > Makes you wonder where some tech's heads are stored...
    >
    > NOI

    But what would be said if he hadn't done this, and some poor schmuck with
    little computer experience of emails and viruses _had_ opened an attachment
    from you, say, that contained a virus that you knew nothing of ?

    "It's been known to happen"

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Aug 2, 2003

  3. Thund3rstruck

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 03:06:49 -0400, in
    <3f2b62b7$0$73635$>
    Thund3rstruck scrawled:

    >°Mike° Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    >in <3f471302.30293604@localhost>:
    >
    >> W32/Mimail Virus
    >> http://www.cert.org/current/#mimail

    ><Snip decription>
    >
    > Thanks for the tip.Here's something that's sad. Yesterday, the head
    >tech had to send around a reminder "not to open attachments you are
    >not expecting, even if it's from someone you know."
    >
    > Makes you wonder where some tech's heads are stored...
    >
    > NOI

    Well it makes sense, actually. With many worms installing their
    own SMTP servers, it's better to be safe than sorry where
    "users" are concerned.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 2, 2003